Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Smile Cleaning Up Pit Stop

Hi Gang,

Well after 4 days of intense cleaning, half of Pit Stop is empty and I tripped on the edge of a piece of plywood, fell, and have a very sore right knee.

Rats nests, boxes and bags of clothes, shoes and housewares. What a job!

I don't ever want to do a job like that again. The positive side to it is that some of the stuff we found will help outfit the 16 ft Prowler trailer I got on June 12th.

Bringing in that trailer is what started the whole chuck out the hoarder and clean out his junk. We asked him to move his truck and he didn't--after 2 hours notice

Try sitting in your car on a hill behind the trailer-which was hooked to the Jimmy, when there's quite a bit of traffic. Luckily it was all small cars and trucks. If anything big had come over that hill, my Jetta would have been slammed into the back of the trailer.

I can't believe the stuff we found, 7 tents, a Coleman hot water on demand unit for camping, enough clothes to start a thrift store, etc, etc, etc.

I'm taking a couple of days off to let my knee heal and then I'll be back in Pit Stop, clearing out the rest of the junk.

Oh and to add insult to injury, when I was cleaning, I found things that the hoarder had stolen from me! Like a music box my nieces gave me for Christmas! I was the only one who knew where it was so he must have gone through this house one day when we weren't home and taken things of value--not to pawn or sell, just to hoard

Hopefully, by the end of summer I will have a clean bus (and basement, and barn, and junk shed that my partner built to store what we already took out of the basement)

I'm hopeless at posting pictures so I'm afraid I can't show you how it looks now and how it will look after I get my friend Kevin to power-wash the outside after I sweep out the inside and get new plywood on the floor.

Pardon the semi-rant, but I don't like thieves and I don't like cleaning up after someone else and hurting myself in the process.

Take Care All, Lois

yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: e350
I hope your knee heals quickly and that you find treasures!
HappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Smile Cleaning Up Pit Stop

Thank you, I took today off and my knee is feeling some better.

I have found lots of treasures, including SEVEN tents, um I needed another tent, but not that many so I saved one of the best ones, just have to get some extra poles for it.

I also found a wood fired camping stove which is too light to use to heat Pit Stop but will be great for weekend trips with friends and family.

If I listed everything I found, I'd fill the page, but I will say I found a lot of things I can put to good use.

Cheers, Lois
yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote