Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2021, 11:50 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2014
Coachwork: Ford e350 cutaway
Chassis: E350
Engine: I don't know
Rated Cap: 9 Passenger, plus driver
E350 cutaway 2014 gas

Hi everybody. We bought this bus a few weeks ago. I'm totally excited to get started and have already pulled out the seats that we're taking out. And I was trying to figure out all this audio video equipment and how to get it removed when I figured out there was a backup camera already installed but all of the AV equipment computers had been removed before I got the bus. I'm trying to figure out how to install a backup camera. I need help, I totally feel overwhelmed!

Rainbowlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Backup cameras are simple. Mount high over the rear door, as centered as possible width-wise. One wire, usually black, will be a ground, can be connected to any part of the steel body (I would recommend taking off some paint where this ground is mounted), or spliced into an existing ground wire.

There should be another wire, likely red, that ties into the 12V to the reverse lights (will need a test light to determine which of the two is 12V).

Then there should be a video output cable or wire, this will usually be an RCA-type output, which plugs into your dashboard-mounted monitor and will likely require a cable extender to run the length of the bus to your dashboard-mounted monitor.

You might take a few minutes to update your User CP info and tell us about your bus... This info will show in your user profile on your posts and hence help to avoid needless repetitive questions when you need advice.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2014
Coachwork: Ford e350 cutaway
Chassis: E350
Engine: I don't know
Rated Cap: 9 Passenger, plus driver
Ok I will do that. There are no monitors or anything. There are cables and cameras but no monitors or anything. I will take pics when I go out there.
Rainbowlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 5 window micro-bird.
Engine: Chevy 6.0L Gas.
Rated Cap: 30 passenger
Cheese wagon thanks for the clear how to.

I’ve only just started thinking about wanting a backup camera. Is the only discernible difference between a backup camera and a rear view camera the electricity source? In other words I’m assuming you connect a backup camera to the same wire as the backup lights so it turns on when you reverse. And if you want it on the whole time you find somewhere else to power it?
Cerax is offline   Reply With Quote