Ok, so we have finally finished with the designs of our new home and are ready to start doing some serious work. I will try to be active on this site and truly appreciate any advice or input y'all would like to share or links to threads that answer any questions. Our build has mostly been decided on: layout, basic heating, storage sections and etc. But still need to decide on a few things. I'm currently in the process of researching different aspects of bus life, like:
1. how to keep the water storage tank clean (2x 6" PVC pipes running along the roof, inside the bus)
2. which tankless water heater is the most cost and use effective (we are looking at a propane operated one as the others won't work for us)
3. which trojan RE series battery will work best for our solar panel array (2x 400W panels)
4. Water filtration/purification systems. (we are thinking of using the Travel Berkey water filtration system for our drinking water, a rusco reverse flushable filter for loading water into the storage tanks and then using another filter (probably carbon based) to use with wash water (shower, sinks, etc))
5. How to properly ventilate our battery bank, since we will store them inside the bus.
6. Using a tent stove to help heat the bus in colder climates and run a pex system thru the back heater set up.
There's no doubt more but, for now, that's all I'm working on.
So far, we have removed the seats, handicap lift and rubber floor from the bus and have started laying out the sub-flooring with insulation and a pex system to have heated floors. Pictures to follow once I get them off my phone.
Here are exterior pictures of our bus:
Our dog enjoying the ride home from buying the bus.