Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2021, 10:43 PM   #1
Scared to Post

First post; Is this 2008 Chevy Express Collins listing too good to be true?

Hey everybody, just recently joined. I am looking to convert a mini bus into my own little Skoolie. So my plans are just to have a few bunk beds and some electricity/lights. No water/sewage/propane etc. I plan to use this to travel with my friends to camping music festivals and other adventures. I found a listing on FB Marketplace that I will attach HERE

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0121301451319/

(new here, only familiar with Reddit formatting) of a 2008 Chevy Express Collins bus. I don’t really know what to look for or what to avoid. I know from the surface this is exactly what I’d need to suit my Skoolie, but I don’t know the under-the-hood aspects of this.

The owner says it runs well, he just doesn’t need it any longer. He even offered me to use his auto body shop lift so I can bring my mechanic and take a look and test drive. So I wouldn’t really think there’s much to be an issue of. He also said the only issue for it not selling is most potential buyers cannot add the bus to their personal auto insurance. Their insurance companies want to make it “commercial” but I figured it should be easier if I tell my family’s insurance company (Erie Insurance) my plans for it. Who knows.

I am just trying to make this project as cheap and easy as it can be. I don’t want a clunker with a bad engine or transmission that turns into a whole separate project. I just want a reliable base to start with. I know it’s not an overnight thing, but I’m sure most of you understand.

If anybody has any other advice for a total newbie, please let me know or send links to already existing posts that I should be aware of. Thank you!

ThaDietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:08 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Go check it out, definitely a shorty, no dual rears, might be smaller v8, chevy so easy to fix, mileage doesn't scare me....number one issue...RUST being from NY....get under and all around it for sure....
Slickster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008, chevy, collins