Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
ganado arizona.

yall should know by now that my wife is a travelling lab tech and i am building her a shorty.
she will be home for the month of november to do her own finish/walls work and then she will be working in granado for 3-months but it seems like everywhere she goes she agrees to extend.
basin wyoming 3 months turned into 6. fairbanks turned into 6 months?
went to the UP michigan that turned into 6 months got one that was an 1-1/2 from the house but she worked 14 hour shifts and they paid her housing.
then michigan begged her to come back at name your price and she has been there for 9 months now because they asked her to stay because her replacement wasnt lab ready yet.
sorry not bus stuff except she gets to come home and make the finished walls and live edge counters what she wants them to look like while i work.
she dealt with me being deployed in the marine corps and was an archealogist when we met. and she always missed the out and about. now its her turn.
we were both texan born and raised but met in NC.
so anyone know what there is to do around ganado AZ?
caves? bones? trails? anything of the like?
she wont have her bus yet if i can help it because her all wheel drive car has to be trailered and i wont be able to start looking for or actually building a proper trailer until i help finish her interior build and listen to request for when she leaves on what she wants.
probably build a trailer because i want double brake axles with 4" drop spindles at a minimum.
if i have to buy one we have to talk cause i want the aluminum drop deck ground load.
she has to load and unload by herself i want it as easy as possible.
she dont see it and has never trailered a car and she can barely back a trailer up of course the last one she had was a short tongue that you cant see behind any vehicle unless you cut it enough to see a corner?
but it is alot wider than any of my welding machines on trailers that get tennis ball indicators.
sorry most is off topic
anything cool around granado?
she aint scared to explore.

Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:35 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Looks like a whole lot of nothing. Good news is within an hour each direction, there is plenty. Monument valley to the North, petrified forest to the South, Gallup, NM to the east. Your in the smack middle of Navajo land. Pretty cool place to be for a short while.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:33 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Hey JRB, the closest "cool" place is the petrified national forest. But that's about it, I think.

On a related note, though, if she ends up in Flagstaff and needs any suggestions or assistance...please let me know. I'll message you my cell number.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466 Mech. Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: 34
Canyon De Chelly to your north is worth a trip. Spider Woman rock, and the cliff dwellings... was there several years ago. Native Americans herding sheep...
PorchDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
thanks.
she has no problems with being in remote areas.
she was an archeologist and had just got back from the polynesian islands when we met.
at the beginning of the virus mess she was asked to go on the road and has been to the middle of nothing wyoming but close enough to yellowstone to visit several times after that was a reservation area in alaska and she has been to the upper peninsula michigan twice now.
she did catch a few months at a hospital in a busy town an hour away from us but it was 14-hour shifts so she only came home for her 3 day weekends.
she loves being in the middle of nothing as long as there is something within a few hours or even an overnighter and come back the next day.
she is a south texas irish redhead well now silver and she has her protection and knows how to use it.
ross thank you i will ask her to take time to make it to flagstaff to meet you just so she can come home and compare my work to your advice.
if she gets extended i might have to fly over to meet her for a week and come meet you myself.
we have been talking about finding property to build a garage/mechanic shop decent size for all the projects my sons and i seem to get into with no room for another.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote