Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 12:07 PM   #1

Girardin Micro Bird Ceiling Question

Have a 2015 Micro Bird on a Chevy Savana frame. Want to add a MaxxAir fan in the rear between the escape hatch and the interior air conditioner unit. I don't think there is a central beam which runs front to back in this area, just the normal rib supports that go side to side. I can't get a look with my inspection camera as the area is blocked off my structural supports and there is no access in this area through a speaker or light hole. I need to know if there is an obstruction in this area so that I don't cut into something I don't want to cut into. Attached is a picture of the area in question. Any help appreciated, Thank you. Dave. BTW: I have contacted Girardin 2x in the past to get information and they have failed to respond each time. I thought Canadians were suppose to be friendly!
Attached Thumbnails
Beam question.jpg  

Mainegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 01:35 PM   #2

Hello, old thread and you may have already figured out your answer but there "should" be a support beam in that location. I have pulled the hatch on mine and a center beam support seems to be standard for the MicroBird's, the emergency hatch has the remaining ends of a beam that was in place and cut prior to the hatch install. Pulling the rest of my roof reveals a center support down the middle. These supports are also have part numbers and can be ordered if you want to add any.

takeapicture is offline   Reply With Quote