Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Greetings from Ray in Washington!

Hello to everyone!

I am new here on skookie.net so wanted to introduce myself! I have been wanting to do a bus conversion for as long as I can remember and this past week became the proud owner of a 1991 Bluebird Mini-Bird Short Bus.

Getting it licensed and registered as a motorhome was simple enough, though there was a bit of confusion at first whether I'd need an inspection by the State Patrol or not.

First on the agenda was removing the seats!! I'd read about using an angle grinder but lacking one I thought I'd go about it the hard way... I got two seats out before deciding the rest would wait for an angle grinder!

My first real question for you all is to ask what, if anything, I must do before being able to drive my bus around in Washington State? I have heard that in some states you have to paint your bus another color, or remove the flashing lights and other things.... Does anyone know the specifics on that for Washington State?

Thanks for any answers to that!

-Ray

Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: Amtran Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: International DT466
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Greetings from Ray in Washington!

Hi Ray, congrats on your new project! Im also in Washington about an hour south of Spokane, where are you located?
TikiBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: Greetings from Ray in Washington!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiBus
Hi Ray, congrats on your new project! Im also in Washington about an hour south of Spokane, where are you located?
Just outside of Orting, Washington! If you don't know where Orting is it's just south of Puyallup, or about 25 miles southeast of Tacoma.