Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Not to start another fire storm of controversy, but...my personal experience with the HyTech beads left me quite impressed. Applied to the inside of a rusty 1920's, industrial corrugated tin roof it felt almost cool on a 100+ degree Houston day in August. Nothing but two coats of the "pixie dust" mixed with Home Depot latex "mistakes". Also..they make a clear finish coating that purportedly makes it much easier to keep clean out in this dirty world, but that I cannot comment on.

I'm using it all over my shorty.
Someone else asked but you never answered. You painted the underside of your roof as well as the outside?

adic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #22
Bus Nut

I had addressed that topic/question (on a different thread) a little while back. Seeing that Tango, you, me, and a host of others are in the Houston/Rehab area, it might do us all some good to meet up again.
I had seen Tango's original post, but overlooked that someone had indeed done it with good results
Might be the answer. Even if you used a smooth finish on the ext. and Hydro on the interior. May not even need to cover the ceiling.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Hey OlFart...there will be dogs and such at REHAB today. I headed over there myself in about 20 minutes. Hopefully the rain will have gone West by a little later this afternoon. Bring it!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #24
Bus Nut

I'd love to be there, on the banks of White Oak Bayou, but I'm out in far N/E Harris Cty. trying to stay above that am (not damn) downpour. Hope your tables are ok at Rehab.
Maybe next time.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Well Dangnabbit! You not only missed Chile Dogs...but Mountain Man brought some venison chile to die for!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote