Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #41
Almost There

Year: 1965
Coachwork: Ford/Willock
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Doesn't have one
Rated Cap: 16 passenger
Re: Hello, from B.C. Canada

Hello Folks,

I've had a change of horsepower in a couple of ways since my last post and Pit Stop got some badly needed cleaning done to her.

My horse threw me and then stepped on me-gave horse away.

Had my daily driver Dodge Caravan serviced and the transmission still wouldn't shift right, then it started flattening the electrodes on it's spark plugs. So at 406,000 km, I parked it before it flew to pieces

I now have a 1988 VW Jetta and it's much nicer to drive, easier on gas, and far more reliable and only 178,000 km, Jetta's have a good reputation for running forever.

No rust and the interior is in great shape. What more could I ask for?

Pit Stop has had everything removed from her and either stored elsewhere or taken to the dump.

She's down to the remains of her flooring and we'll start working on her more seriously when we finally finish renovating the bathroom, an overly long project that I'm getting tired of

It's trying to snow as I write this, I don't know how much we'll get. It's been a very dry winter here

Cheers
Lois

yugogypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #42
Almost There

Had 16 inches of snow over the weekend and Monday, now melting and it's been raining some.

Pit Stop is still empty, I found I'm going to have to do a little cross bracing before I put in a floor, but that's on the back burner at the moment.

My friend Rob moved back into his Fleury this week, boat is on hold as boatyard has some big projects going and my car is doing fine.

Mercy Mercedes will get cleaned out after we build a new greenhouse, we took everything out of the greenhouse and demolished it, the sills were rotten, so everything that was in the greenhouse is in Mercy

Bathroom reno is almost done, just panelling, paint and put the door back on--oops, gotta get the vanity hooked up too.

When the snow is gone we'll be getting outside and doing some fencing too, we enlarged the garden again and some posts need replacing in other places.

So home and garden will be the focus for a while yet, I even have to get the septic tank pumped

But I will get back to Pit Stop, I need a private spot to call my own

Cheers
Lois
Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #43
Almost There

Been doing more work on Fleury since Rob moved back in and I parked my Dodge out back to be used as a storage space because the mini-camper is leaking and the 22 ft Prowler trailer is going to be demolished. The camper will probably go too.

I still haven't found a proper frame for my vardo so that project is on hold and the boatyard is full so Anastar is waiting too. Pit Stop is fine. I will be working on her after we finally finish the bathroom renovation and get flooring down in the bedroom.

Gardening coming up soon and because I no longer have a horse I'm planning to DOUBLE my garden size by using the old horse paddock--which is already fenced and we won't have deer trouble.

But if anyone wants a coonskin cap, please come and get the pest who raids the compost heap.

Take Care All

Lois
Old 05-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #44
Almost There

A new project has arrived, sorry folks, it's not a bus, it's a 1987 Fleetwood "Yukon" trailer that's been partly stripped, allowing for creative re-building.

My pal Carolyn is getting in on this one, like she did with Rob's Fleury motorhome, making curtains to replace a couple of missing closet doors and curtains for ALL of the windows.

My Prowler trailer has parts that will fit, like small drawers and smaller cupboard doors, but the clothing drawers aren't big enough and it's not possible to put a dresser in their place or in the bedroom.

It will be a fun project, haven't worked on anything this new before.

Only disaster occurred before I got out to the trailer today, the hot water tank blew apart at the back when Rob filled the water tank , so that has to be replaced. So does some ducting from the furnace and a few other plumbing connections and we have to fix a door.

No big deal, just have to have it done before it gets too cold here.

Cheers
Lois
Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #45
Almost There

Poor Pit Stop is full of stuff again as we renovate the house.

We got the front porch done and the house painted, now to finish the bathroom.

AND work on my project without wheels--a 1975 Riviera Star sailboat. She's neeeded keel work for over a year and now we are finally going to do it! HURRAY

Cheers
Lois
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #46
Almost There

Well Folks, the mini camper got sold, my boat is finished, Pit Stop got cleaned up again and we got all our firewood stacked for winter, about 10 cords of it.

We've got a new housemate who is very helpful. He and Rick got all our garden fences in order, now we just have to clear off some dry grass, turn the beds and mulch them for winter.

Got temporary company in a VW bus, they've found a place and will be moving soon.

A little more yard work to do, more stuff to take to the dump and a 22ft travel trailer to demolish and we'll be all cleaned up around here.

I've been cleaning up inside and filling boxes for the thrift store but keeping things I'll eventually use in Pit Stop.

Hope you all had a good holiday weekend, it was a quiet but productive weekend here
Cheers, Lois