Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #1

help! 02 e450 us bus electrical diagram

hey everyone. My friend and I recently bought and started building a 2002 e450 7.3l short bus built by US Bus which is now called transtech. i have searched extensively for an owners manual and electrical schematic with absolutely no luck! can anyone help me out here? looking for a schematic/diagram for the bus cabin electrical. any help is much appreciated!!

Bluelotus38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
Congrats on the bus.

1) Call the current manufacturer and see if they can help. Some posters have luck with this.

2) Find your electrical panel and see if there is a schematic posted around it. On the bigger buses with the panel door under the drivers windows, they have a full schematic posted on the inside of the door.

3) Buy something like this, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fluke-Netwo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds, to trace things on your own. Slow and painful, but without any other guidance, it's a way to identify what goes where. It will come in handy down the road anyway, so good to have.

4) There are sites that sell manuals. I'd search on those and see if you can find one. It may cost you a bit, but that's all part of the cost of conversion.

Hope some of this helps.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Girardin Microbird MB-IV
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3 Diesel
Rated Cap: 25
On the passenger side of your dashboard, there is a padded panel on the top-rear. That pops out and there is likely a panel there. I found a schematic taped to the back of the hatch panel on my 2003.
Also, as Simplicity said, the MFG can probably send you a PDF version.
peakbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:30 AM   #4

no luck on all of these... bought a tracer and wanted to avoid the labor hours involved going this route but looks like its my only option!
Bluelotus38 is offline   Reply With Quote