Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2022, 06:10 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Wink I bought a Bus and I have some questions about the first modifications

My first priority at the moment is getting a good way to lock the bus from the outside and to make it secure so i can take it to places.

My second priority is fixing the rust that is underneath it,

and my third priority is getting some insulation because it is currently too cold to get decent sleep in it at the moment. also is there also the ABS light (thomas built bus 2002 freightliner) keeps coming on and turning off for a while then coming back if anyone knows a good fix, other than that its been running good and if anyone has other recommendations for maintenance on the model would be good.

Mostly, what is the best system or product for locking the outward opening double door and the emergency door that has a bolt controlled by a lever.
I was hoping to have some kind of automatic lock also like a car door that can use a reliable FOB or remote to lock all the doors and future doors I could add if possible, wondering what secure and reliable and affordable options are for something like that also.

And does anyone have an opinion on the best insulation, ive looked at the options I just always would like more educated opinions on what is best for heat, cold, sound dampening, price, safety, etc.

Also check out my first youtube video if you want Ham's Ultimate Guide to Vanlife Vehicles - YouTube

Attached Thumbnails
bus side new.jpg   bus back new.jpg   bus front int.jpg  

Hamiswhatiam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.9 cummins, freightliner fs-65, insulation, locks, short bus conversion