Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #1

Insurance

Can anyone provide a list of insurers form small buses in NY State.
Progressive commercial quoted me $2200!

Acentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: E-350; 4x4 Minibus
Engine: 351c.i.
There is a TON of info for registering a bus, NY specific even, if you dig around here. How are you trying tp inside the bus, private use, RV, commercial, what? Have you looked into your state's laws regarding bus registrations/insurance? I don't live in NY myself, so I can't help you there. However, if you use the search bar here you can get several results.

Another, even better method (opinion only) is to use Google site search feature. In Google search bar type "site:skoolie.net NY insurance" or whatever subject you like. The important part is the site address you wish to search "skoolie.net" and the "site:" before it.

Hope you find the answer! It's been done but I have heard NY is one of the especially complicated states to live in and register/insure for cheap.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 66
Will depend on the bus. If its a cut-a-way chassis (based on a van), then it can be insured as a van during the conversion... then an RV after.

We have State Farm in Indiana and we had ours insured as a van for the first year.. just converted to RV last month and it saved us about $15 a month.

Our liability/comp policy with some add ons runs $14/month as an rv.
Mr4btTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote