Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Question international IC ce300 help

Hello everyone, I bought a 2004 international IC CE300 with a DT466E 5 row short bus. currently I'm stripping the bus, and I'm curious about dash, seat, driver AC, and mostly the automotive parts of the bus. questions going through my head right n ow are, " can I get an aftermarket instrument cluster?" class A RV seat? and can I reuse the old AC compressors on the engine to use as a driver AC? please let me know anything and everything that could help thanks!

Drum sTheWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:59 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum sTheWord View Post
Hello everyone, I bought a 2004 international IC CE300 with a DT466E 5 row short bus. currently I'm stripping the bus, and I'm curious about dash, seat, driver AC, and mostly the automotive parts of the bus. questions going through my head right n ow are, " can I get an aftermarket instrument cluster?" class A RV seat? and can I reuse the old AC compressors on the engine to use as a driver AC? please let me know anything and everything that could help thanks!
Dude, you need a road map!

I would start by looking at some of the build threads and…. The search button can be your best friend here.
Cluster- why replace it.
Seat- I used from a Peterbuilt tractor.
A/C- if it there, do not remove it, fix it otherwise roll down the windows!
ewo1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 30 + 2 WC
I have the rear engine version of this bus, so I have looked into some of this. IC clusters of this era are notorious for failing. While you can get a replacement cluster, I don't know of a drop in non-OEM cluster. I do plan on eventually getting a Bluefire adapter and mounting a tablet my dash to display gauges (https://bluefire-llc.com/store).

For the seat, you could probably use one from an RV, but I don't know if the holes would line up. You may have to drill new holes in the floor. If you have an air ride seat, you could also look for a used seat from a semi.

I would think that adding A/C dash would be challenging, but with enough money, anything is possible. In my bus, I have an evaporator/air handler above the windshield. Since you already have A/C, it may be easier to relocate the evaporator (the part inside the bus) to above the windshield if it isn't there already. Instead of dash air, I plan to create some sort of vent to direct some of the air more down at me.
skoontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:17 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Dude, you need a road map!

I would start by looking at some of the build threads and…. The search button can be your best friend here.
Cluster- why replace it.
Seat- I used from a Peterbuilt tractor.
A/C- if it there, do not remove it, fix it otherwise roll down the windows!
Road map- chapter one…. —-> Dash cluster service manual
ewo1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 11:03 PM   #5

Bluefire

Don't get a Bluefire get NexIQ instead same price and better. Customer service is lacking with Bluefire
justcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 07:32 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcall View Post
Don't get a Bluefire get NexIQ instead same price and better. Customer service is lacking with Bluefire

bluefire and nexiq are 2 different devices..

the bluefire is designed as a digital dash - though it can read codes, you cant use a bluefire with service software such as servicemaxx, cat ET, cummins insite, etc..

a Nexiq is an RP1210 adapter designed for diagnostics software use such as the programs i mentioned above.. (it also works with allison DOC, Wabco brake controller, and International ABS HAB software).. however there isnt much digital dash type software to use with a Nexiq, so it depends on the purpose you want to use your device which one to get,
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acunit, automotive, shortbus, upgrades