Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Year: 1984
Chassis: GMC
Engine: v8 350
Intro to my new van short-bus (mini-bus)

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself and my new short bus. I just got this baby from Craigslist for $800. It runs great, no problems yet. The chairs were already removed and it came with a bed like structure that the previous owner built. It doubles as storage as well. I need to clean up the inside and paint it. Leaving it white is just asking for someone to tag it up. It doesn't have a stereo and the engine is pretty loud, so I definitely need one. There so many possibilities of things to do, still undecided. I love this website, there so much good info. I'll keep posting more pics when i fix this puppy up more.

artistik1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Intro to my new van short-bus (mini-bus)

Cool mini, and you sure can't beat that price! I'm very interested in seeing what others are doing for floorplans in the minis. Keep us updated and definitely bring on the pictures of your progress!

https://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...G_0164link.jpg
Hearse Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

Very nice, I like the older Chevy busses... The side doors are cool. Look forward to more photos!
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #4

Year: 1984
Chassis: GMC
Engine: v8 350

I'll put some more pics up soon. So far the only aesthetic i've added to it besides the couch and curtains is a sound system. I've spent most of my time fixing up the engine. I had to get a new water pump and exhaust manifold. Its working pretty good now, but I wish it had a little more power. Its pretty weak on hills and I live in San Francisco so thats a bummer. Now that the engine is working pretty good I can move on to the outer looks.
artistik1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

I remember when we were in SanFran we were driving my friends Toyota van, the older mid-engine style, & we had to unload the 6 passengers & make them walk as it would not climb the hill! LOL...it was so funny...
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote