Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #1

Is this a Good one to Convert?

First of all thank you for any help. I am considering a short bus to convert into a camper. The main use (I think), will be for my wife, myself and 5 year old to have a place to stay when I go hunting. Normally 2 - 4 days. I am also considering a 32' motor home for @$6,00. I know the bus would be much more unique though.
So I am looking at a 1987 Air force bus. It has 8 windows on each side, a 1 cylinder diesel generator (?) and roof ac. The motor is diesel and I think it could be bought for @$3,000 or less (under 70K miles). The bus is a few hours a way so I'm trying to figure out what it is 1st and if it would work.

I would like to have bedding for 4 small shower, toilet and a counter where I could use a 2 burner stove top from time to time. So does anyone know anything about the International short buses, how big the inside is and if I could make this work? Thank you for any ideas and info.

Mike

ALMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 99
Coachwork: GMC
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 21
Re: Is this a Good one to Convert?

Sounds like it would be. Nearly anything can worked with the right time and money. Nice thing about the military stuff is it's maintained on a regular basis. Pictures would help. Good luck.

A man with a gun is a citizen...A man without a gun is a subject.
68camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16
Re: Is this a Good one to Convert?

Click on the link below... I am building an International Shorty... Just over 25' long with 20' of usable space behind the drivers seat...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote