Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 06:38 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: T444E
The interior of the bus is semi finished and I have been living in it full time with my dog for the past month.

Since the last post I have finished the electrical system, adding a battery isolator to charge while driving.

The isolator hasn't been necessary yet, solar panels keep up with my electrical demands so far.

I have a skeleton kitchenette installed, the fridge and sink are working, stove/oven is not yet, so I've been using a camp stove. The clean water tank is filled next to the faucet via the pvc fitting.

The bed has storage space beneath for 6 large totes that store most of my stuff. I added a sliding bed extension to make a full size bed or twin size. I have a 6" memory foam mattress on top of the framing.

To help with winter living I've also added insulated window panels and curtains to block off the cab area.

Just last weekend we successfully made a 500mi round trip to ski and stay at Mt. Bohemia.

I plan on spending the rest of the winter in the bus as it is, and then finishing it and adding permanent storage in the spring.

More photos are at junebus.imgur.com

simonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Nice job. You got the basics covered. It kind of morphs into something better over time anyway.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #23

We have the same bus! Would you mind giving me some instruction/ insperation through some parts of my build?
Derekmardones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

The bus interior has been finished, but is of course still a work in progress as updates are always being made. But here are some updated and finished photos. I finished the ceiling with tongue and groove rather than the plywood and built some interior cabinetry.

I also re-plumbed in one of the rear heaters up front for heat in the winter while driving, seen at the top right of the dash.

The woodstove has been updated to a vented propane furnace ran off of a thermostat, so no more frozen water tanks if I leave the bus for a day.

So far I have ran about 800miles on vegetable oil. My new system is slightly changed. The early model T444E's have the FPR valve mounted directly to the back of the fuel filter tower, and has a small air relief built in between the tower and the FPR. In my original design I had forgotten about this relief hole and ended up burning diesel while in vegetable oil mode. To fix it I moved the return line to send return fuel back to the vegetable oil tank rather than to the suction side of the vegetable oil pump, and made a plug from some steel rod to replace the air relief.

I have also finished the WVO pickup and filtration system on the back of the bus, and it has been working well. I use a small block chevy gear oil pump driven by a drill powered off of my inverter, pumping about 5gal/min. There's a 1 micron bag filter in the blue FSI filter that oil can be pumped through as it is picked up or it can be recycled through the filter a few passes before being sent to the clean vegetable oil tank.

More pictures are available on junebus.imgur.com and we now have an instagram if you are into that sort of thing @june.bus.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:10 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
Great work on your bus! Looking great and you are using it! How did you attach the tongue and groove siding to the roof? Did you insulate anymore before installing it?
Old 09-09-2018, 08:00 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frochevy View Post
Great work on your bus! Looking great and you are using it! How did you attach the tongue and groove siding to the roof? Did you insulate anymore before installing it?
Thanks! I kept the same insulation as before but added some great stuff spray foam in some areas before putting up the tongue and groove. The t&g boards are countersunk and screwed to the 3/4" ply furring strips, which are screwed to the main roof ribs.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:57 AM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

How does this fit in regular old parking spots? Looking at this same bus and was curious
ToBeFree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
june bus