Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Libertyskoolie Build

A week and a half ago I drove 3 hours west to pay for my bus and get the title. I came home and registered it then called my insurance company to insure it. They said hell no, it was once a bus according to the VIN.

Then I called a few more insurance agencies that wouldn’t take on the “bus”. The walls were closing in, but then I found a place to give me liability insurance.

So today I took that trip west again and drove her home. She needs a rear brake line(s). We plugged the leaking one before I headed East. Running on 75% brake power over the mountains was sketchy.

At one point the right rear brake got tired of taking up the slack for the left rear wheel and said “I’m hot!” We stopped and sat for a spell and then came to some more flat highway.

In a few days I have to find a place to look her over and swap brake lines. Until then I’m happy with the smiles from my children as they laugh at their crazy Dad.... “You bought a bus, we have a bus!”
Attached Thumbnails
FC97B611-101C-4EE3-8CBA-7E313F4ED722.jpg   C31561B0-016B-4738-8E01-61902A1DB494.jpg   B01138EB-CB52-4DBE-B64D-F8347CCA632E.jpg  

Outlawfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shortbus