Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #1

my short bus

So my bus started out life as a 55? passenger bus, and was cut down to make a toy hauler / camper. the camper portion is aprox 9 feet(not including the driver area), and the bed is aprox 14 feet. Year 2000, blue bird with a cummins engine, and alison trans.

Currently the inside is unfinished, and I am researching ways to get the most use out of it. It is smaller then I would have made it(had i been the one that cut it down), but i got a good deal on it, so it is what i will work with.

My plans are to turn it it to a basic camper, i don't need kitchen, running water or a toilet, but air conditioning, and heat would be awesome. basically i just need a warm(or cool) dry place to sleep at night after me and the kids spend all day 4 wheeling. I am thinking bunk beds on each side(4 beds), and a rv style air conditioner on the roof. electrical outlet for laptop, tv and my cpap would be nice.

i am struggling with what to do for the bed and seats. part of me says just build permanent bunk beds out of wood and call it a day. I am thinking though, the kids need to be seat belted in on the way, and maybe some old conversion van seats that fold out into beds would be the way to go. any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated. I have 2 kids of my own that i will be taking regularly, and one nephew that might tag along on occasion. my kids are ages 10, and 11, and my nephew is 13.

here is a picture of my bus, with my samurai on the back:

bus by chad reschly, on Flickr

zuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
That's pretty cool. Looks radical from the side.