Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2021, 12:03 AM   #1

No experience, lots of reading

Hey folks! I'm Dom and I am new here! I wanted to wait until reading a few posts to try not to be too repetitive. My partner and I have been considering van or bus life for quite some time. We are very minimalistic, already comfortable in small spaces, but ready to start making this dream a reality.

Based off of lots of videos I have seen and articles that I have read here, I think a short bus is the way to go for us. (not sure yet the difference between short and mid)

Also leaning toward a Ford e450 7.3L but also open to the idea of a shuttle bus.
Diesel seems to make the most sense, due to how long it will last.

I'd love some recc. for shuttle buses
any tips for going about all of this in SoCal ( i think I already saw some thread about registration in CA) but what about insurance? insure as RV or Van?
where to build and best way to get access to all the tools needed? did you borrow, rent, or buy?
and also best way to learn how to drive these things!

also for what you've done to keep it comfortable and functional with cats

we have ZERO building experience but also ZERO mechanic experience. we plan on budgeting for maintenance work along the way so whatever is easiest to bring to a mechanic is preferred as we learn along the way.

feel free to DM me
so so thankful to have found this place and i hope to return with what i am learning to help future newbies in my position
dom_deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Welcome!

Lots of helpful folks here, and one thing you'll figure out before it's over with is that for some situations, there is no right or wrong answer.

You might start by reading the threads linked in my sig below, that will give you a good headstart. Good luck!

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote