Old 01-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #61
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Chassis: International, Thomas Built
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke, 3800 T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Consider the lost airfare the cost of education in buying buses. You were wise to cancel. Chances are good you would have been upset with how much rust you would deal with on a used NJ bus. You're probably much better off with a bus from your area.
The link is for the bus you walked on? You dodged a bullet on that one
Whoa, they are asking $8 for that? Way over priced, those can be had all day long for less than half that price.
I completely agree with you, it was a learning experience and to realize that hey I live in Texas, we have anything and everything you could want here. It also thought me to be more patient, hell I got an even better deal here. And to add, the bus I found here was literally 10 miles from my home and cost me $3k versus the $6500 that I offered and paid for the P30. Yes, the link is to the bus I walked out on. I would have been even more upset if I got that bus, then started my 1800 mile drive home to get stranded in the middle of nowhere because of the bad rear end.
mick_sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #62
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
P30s are like Vistas, they're low budget ugly buses and nobody should pay more than $1500 for one. Rust state ones are scrap tier.

They're not any "easier" to work on than a "freightliner" style bus. It's still a bus.

If you're in Texas don't even waste your time looking at buses on the East coast, that's literally the worst part of the country to buy a bus in. Go look in AZ/NV/NM where you'll actually get something that's rust free and decent spec for a quarter of the asking price of that scrap pile in NJ.
I just really liked the style of the body, that’s what won me over. Well and also that it was a diesel. Also being on a heavy duty gm chassis, will be easier to convert into 4x4 rather than a freight liner. Which again, with patience, I found a heavy duty truck yard locally that said when I was ready, they will have a front drive axle for my bus to convert. Overall, yea I’m so much happier with the bus I purchased, little to no rust and a biiiig reliable engine.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #63
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Go to the UserCP now and fill out your profile with your bus info and location. It'll help us answer your questions better.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #64
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Go to the UserCP now and fill out your profile with your bus info and location. It'll help us answer your questions better.
I’m getting some error that I think is not saving my info...says the “The URL entered could not be opened”.

Edit...I fingered it out, my bus should be visible now.