Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Parking in Los Angeles for Conversion

Hi! New here.
My husband and I are putting plans in motion to start our build. The only problem is, we live in Los Angeles (Long Beach area)

We are having quite a hard time finding a place to park this thing while we work on it. Any suggestions?
Can't park it on the street. Have called all the RV storage places around, none of them allow work to be done on their premises.

Been scouring Craigslist for parking spots and have come up empty.

Any more ideas we're overlooking?

NSBBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #2

following this to see if you get any good info!

I live in Los Angeles as well, and am in the planning phases. My biggest hurdle right now is coming up with options on where to park it while I convert it. I live in an apartment, and I don't really know anyone here with 'land' where I could park something while still keeping my day job during the conversion process.

Good luck!! I hope you guys are able to find a solution. Let us know if you do!
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
I'll say it the way it is. In LA co it ain't goin' to happen. If you've got a bus in LA, divest yourself of it. Save up and buy a piece of property in the boonies and then think about building a bus. If you find someone who will let you store and build it will have to be somewhere where you can store your bus away from prying eyes (like inside a building) and the cost will be prohibitive. Sorry about the wet blanket but it is what it is. Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Engine: 7.8 Liter Ford/New Holland inline 6
Skoolie Storage

Hi!

Also in LA (SF Valley). We just purchased our bus. It is currently being built out in Kansas City by friends who have already been thru the process. Once it is finished we will need a place to store it only. Has anyone found a place that will strictly store it. We won't need to work on it there. We are having a hard time finding a place.

Thanks

Caroline
DaCaNoWiSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBBus View Post
Hi! New here.
My husband and I are putting plans in motion to start our build. The only problem is, we live in Los Angeles (Long Beach area)

We are having quite a hard time finding a place to park this thing while we work on it. Any suggestions?
Can't park it on the street. Have called all the RV storage places around, none of them allow work to be done on their premises.

Been scouring Craigslist for parking spots and have come up empty.

Any more ideas we're overlooking?
I would list that you are looking for a place to work on your bus in Craigslist, FB, and other social media. Any friends with land in country?

Land is so expensive there. Most people don't have an extra land to let someone use in that area. If they do, they charge accordingly.

Personally, I am saving money to buy land so that I can build my bus.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner 66 Pass
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 66
LA spots

Hi, I just started my conversion here in LA as well, luckily my driveway is big enough to support 2 busses ( I only have 1 now). You may want to consider a lot down by San Pedro, there are a few spots drivers store and work on their semi trucks. There are also some dry dock spots by the port and up my way be Marina. Del Rey. People work on their books of ages and some places even have some tools and/or work shops to share. Don't despair because there lots and shared work spaces all over but many none traditional.
StefN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:36 AM   #7
Skoolie

Where else have people found parking/storage for their bus in SoCal area?