Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Huh?
Engine: T444E
Please post mid bus and shorts floorplans

Hi I just bought a 6 window bus and I can't figure out how to do a layout. Would you mind posting your floor plans here? Thanks a bunch

heeranyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: GMC
Engine: Detroit 8.2L Diesel
Rated Cap: 53

Ours is a work in progress, and the wheel wells are only two to deal with. We are putting a bunk over ours, and the kitchen counter over the other one. Use photo shop. You can work in many layers, that way you can even do the underpinning area for storage. We have three layers to our plan, with the above shelving and cabinetry laid out as well.
Zombiepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Floorplans for shorties can be pretty tough. I know that mine was only usable as a rough estimate, and once things started going in we ended up moving things around for practical reasons... But then, I'm a novice.
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Ours is a midsize so we have a bit more space to work with. The fuel tank is located under the work area, and everything was sort of planned around that. Plus, our underpinning space is all in the rear area, so it made sense to plan for our water tanks to go under there for gray water and all of the plumbing would be in one location.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Maybe it's too much for midbus

I drew a sketch on a piece of paper and when I showed it to my husband, he chuckled because I'm trying to lay it out like it's a 40 footer. I think it's only a 26 footer. At this rate, I'll have to put the toilet on top of the refrigerator. I'm going to have to get more realistic. I'm picking the bus up on Monday so I'll be able to tape stuff out and get a better idea.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

The tape definitely helped for us. I quickly had to discard my sketch after that. Having a grid that goes down to the inch like in photo shop is extremely helpful.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:19 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

6 Window Bus Floor Plan

Here's our floorplan!
Post 8: New Floor Plan
karlimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Hi, in this plan where do people eat?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Where do people eat

The plan is between the sink and the bed there will be a table that folds up and down. There will be a bench that perfectly fits in the space. You can either eat at that table or you can use the bench as a coffee table infront of the couch to eat.
karlimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:09 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: El Dorado National
Engine: 6.6 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 25 passenger
my sketchup for our shuttle bus (big red tomato)

I hope I did this right. lol

Attached below are our sketches of what we are hoping to do to our shuttlebus "BIG RED TOMATO". Long story short she got name because of awful current paint color and my love of growing tomatoes. haha

We have a door for the handicap lift, but the previous owner took out lift. (hoping to get one at a reasonable price)
We eventually will be putting one back in, because of my mobility issues and our aging black lab. Can't wait to see how excited our (lab) Dukie and my service dog Buddy (lab, Mastiff) will be enjoying their adventures in big red tomato.

So our plan is to build a mobile kitchen island per say, that will fit where the lift doors are now. in future when we get a lift, it can still be put in that area. but it can be moved to use lift or even taken out on lift and used as an outside work station for cooking!

QUESTION FOR PEOPLE WITH LARGE DOGS- How do you deal with water needs for your fur babies??? At home we use a LARGE 2.5 Gallon pet auto waterer that looks like a giant mason jar.
Attached Thumbnails
bigredtomato1.jpg   bigredtomato2.jpg   bigredtomato3.jpg   bigredtomato4.jpg   buddy2.jpg  

duke1.jpg  
brinleyinthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 AM   #11
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
The first fur baby obviously does not approve.

This is a nice app (albeit not perfect) that I use for wishing and planning... There is a free version, but the paid version unlocks a few features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zkania.android

There's a lift available in classifieds that I saw tonight scouring for someone else that needed a bumper.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
I like your idea of a moveable kitchen. I have some hopes of making the handicap access door into a slide out.
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote