Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2021, 06:18 AM   #1

Pran board in E350 short bus - what to do with it?

I have a 2002 e350 7.3 short bus - corbiel, wired up with a pran board that controls nearly all the extra school bus accessories (stop sign, walk arm, extra bus lights, but then a couple more useful things like dome lights etc.)

I'm wondering what folks have decided to do with the pran board. I'm considering to remove it all together or using it as a control panel for accessories that I'd like to add. Exp: removing the dome lights, snipping wire and using those wires and fuse for different lights or something to that nature.

I'm not sure how to completely remove it and I also dont know if removing it will cause issues say from the main computer for my bus.

I'm sure I could disable it by removing the fuses but then I'd still have wasted current going to the pran board. I'd like to get rid if any unnecessary drains if possible ya know.

Any thoughts or experience would definitely be appreciated. Thanks.

Sarahps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Hi Sarah, not sure what board we had but we left the wiring in place, removed the switch,/ connection board. For us ,it took up to much valuable space. Also complexity for something simple as turning a couple of lights on and of was easier done with old toggle switches I had laying around.
We left the wiring and reuses / relabeled for our 12 volt fridge, video monitor power etc.

All wiring wiring was above the driver and removing the whole cabinet there created enough space to make a bed across the width above the driver for one of our kids.

We rewired the relays panel for the rear AC system and made a separate power feed with breaker.

Sometimes the wires in the harness are labeled otherwise you will.have to ohm them out.

Good luck,
Johan
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Pictures of this would help...

Thanks
Jonathan
Old 12-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Michael Corbier
Chassis: GMC Savana 3500
Engine: 6.5 Diesel
Pran board

Greetings,

I guess a pran board is the soft touch panel that controls the bus functions and is linked by a phone cable.

In my Corbiel, I removed the door opener, so I took down the panel and unhooked the board.

Earlier, a diesel mechanic unhooked all of the wiring from the engine to discover a battery drain. Since then, I have purchased a circuit breaker panel and a row of switches. I've been taking the useful items from the Corbeil breaker panel and wiring them to the new panel and switch. The wiring is labelled with the name of the device it goes to.

I'm still warry about removing everything as there may be an ignition lock out somewhere that could be activated unknowingly. Maybe remove each breaker and test that it's not going to effect ignition.
Corbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corbeil, corbiel, pran board, short bus