Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2012
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: E450
Engine: V10
Rated Cap: 1 1/2 ton
Smile Finally found the rear air conditioning ports for my E450

I finally found the air conditioning ports for the rear air conditioning in my 2012 Ford E450, Goshen body shorty. They are over a heat shield and difficult to see.
Note this particular E450 has two independent air conditioning systems, one is the original compressor installed by Ford and matches the one you see when trying to order parts, one compressor was added, and the fan belt is longer than a standard E450 to accommodate the extra compressor. They are not the same compressor.
The refrigerant lines from the top compressor, the one for the rear, go over the engine, down over the driver's side of the engine, then under the bus just below the floor but over a heat shield for the exhaust pipe. The high and low ports to fill the R134a refrigerant are hidden above that heat shield and near the front edge of the condenser, both caps facing outwards. Neither port can be seen at all without looking from the side to see over the heat shield, and even then only a portion of the caps are visible.
The information sticker for the added air conditioning system that goes to the back is located under the hood on the right side. That sticker is filled in with a permanent marker, hand written, and not perfectly easy to read.

GaryTheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #22

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 2002 Chevy express
Engine: 5.7, chevy
Rated Cap: 14
Howdy boys & girls
My 2003 Blue Bird 4 window has an air conditioner issue
The unit is on the rear ceiling. The 3 speed fan worked when purchased a year ago
Now I’m down to low only. I replaced the relays. Didn’t help. Friends suggested replacing the resistor. I don’t know where it is. Help would be welcomed
Thanks. Hayseed
Hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:46 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Howdy boys & girls
My 2003 Blue Bird 4 window has an air conditioner issue
The unit is on the rear ceiling. The 3 speed fan worked when purchased a year ago
Now I’m down to low only. I replaced the relays. Didn’t help. Friends suggested replacing the resistor. I don’t know where it is. Help would be welcomed
Thanks. Hayseed
You ask a very general question so one can only give you a really general response....

Yes, a/c systems have a resistor pack that controls the blower motor speed.
In my Chevy Silverado, it is behind the glove box, up on the the blower motor housing.

You might want to go up on top, remove the cover, get the manufacturer specs and contact them about a blower motor resistor module, if it has one that is.
If it does not, the manufacturer will let you know.

Also, you might get lucky and find a wiring diagram on the inside of the a/c cover.

This is what the Silverado blower motor resistor looks like, yours will be different.
Attached Images

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
in 2 of my A/C's my motor has 4 Taps for speeds.. so the speed control switch controls the speed, there is no resistor..

my Carrier unit has a resistor inside the evaporator. but the speed control switch must supply power to one of 3 wires that is input to the resistor..

theres a lot of things out there that are made.. what unit do you have?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote