Getting Caught Up
The next weeks were a whirlwind -
In doing my research, I forgot to look into city ordinances and we got a threatening letter about how we couldn't have a bus in our driveway and had about a week and a half to remedy this issue or the bus would be removed at our expense.
This process included decal removal (the previous owner had covered it up with tape, but that was all but gone at this point), painting the bus, and managing to hit the minimums (bed, cooking facilities, etc) to be called an RV. We managed but it was a stressful week.
After that, we've been taking out time gutting the bus and planning the layout. The floor was in pretty good shape with only one area damaged from water (yay!) but that meant a pain getting the plywood out. We made sure to patch holes, grind down surface level rust, the cover with a layer of Rustoleum.