Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #1

Samira (a seven window skoolie)

Hello!

This is the thread for the build my husband and I are doing. We don't have a hard deadline at this point, so it's really just the progress we make between work and other life events.

We bought this bus in August from a gentleman who was using it as a mobile workshop. He had removed the lift and all but two seats! It was a great deal of demolition we didn't have to take care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Ext-Drivers.jpg   IMG_20200830_094231.jpg   Ext-Door.jpg   Int-Back.jpg  

Rataskor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #2

Getting Caught Up

The next weeks were a whirlwind -
In doing my research, I forgot to look into city ordinances and we got a threatening letter about how we couldn't have a bus in our driveway and had about a week and a half to remedy this issue or the bus would be removed at our expense.

This process included decal removal (the previous owner had covered it up with tape, but that was all but gone at this point), painting the bus, and managing to hit the minimums (bed, cooking facilities, etc) to be called an RV. We managed but it was a stressful week.

After that, we've been taking out time gutting the bus and planning the layout. The floor was in pretty good shape with only one area damaged from water (yay!) but that meant a pain getting the plywood out. We made sure to patch holes, grind down surface level rust, the cover with a layer of Rustoleum.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200901_201017.jpg   MVIMG_20200909_144502.jpg   IMG_20200909_160121.jpg   IMG_20200912_085626.jpg   PXL_20201005_202314729.jpg  

Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Samira (The sideways, seven window skoolie)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the build. Seven windows is a good mid-sized bus. I'm trying to decide between a 5-6 window dognose or a 8-9 window flatnose at the moment.
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #4

Thanks! Good luck with the search.

This particular bus is really nice because we don't have wheel wells protruding into the living space so we can really maximize what we have.

Tags
conversion, diy conversion, short bus, skoolie, skoolie build