RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #301
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
82 bluebird FC 35, have not used it in 3 years, needs interior work
Shhhhh.... man keep that on the down low... Roxy and I may just want to take that off your hand this coming year.
Can you email me more pics?
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #302
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,390
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I totally would love to have a bus like that if i were gettiong a motorhome.. I was inside of it.. I think its fantastic.. some TLC. and a few upgrades and its an incredible travelling machine... I'd even make all the basement A/C's work../ this thing literally has central air in it!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #303
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I totally would love to have a bus like that if i were gettiong a motorhome.. I was inside of it.. I think its fantastic.. some TLC. and a few upgrades and its an incredible travelling machine... I'd even make all the basement A/C's work../ this thing literally has central air in it!
-Christopher
Good to hear. Now all we need to do is sell the house or maybe even just the subaru!
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #304
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,711
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
It's too pretty guy but that's what I need. A bus that has AC, has solar, appliances, etc. Preferably one that hasn't been beat to hell. Not that I have space for the bus I have now much less a donor bus.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #305
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Well my bus' safety inspection sticker is almost out of date.


Guess I'll actually start decal, adhesive, and reflective tape removal this week!
I've been hesitant but its time.
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #306
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
And... if we can sell our house here in town we're hoping to go look at one of these lots about 25 miles north.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...m/?view=public
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #307
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,922
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Nice, looks like you can move right in. If it would be up to me .... alarge barn with shop is all what I need.

but in all reality living downtown and walk with the kids and dog to the coffee shop is hard to beat.


Good luck,J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #308
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Nice, looks like you can move right in. If it would be up to me .... alarge barn with shop is all what I need.

but in all reality living downtown and walk with the kids and dog to the coffee shop is hard to beat.


Good luck,J
Thanks, Johan!
I grew up in a very rural town in the middle of nowhere. Population was/is around 800.
I love to visit the city once in a while. In fact my favorite place in the world is probably Rotterdam. I know that's a bit odd, but I just think its a shining example of a truly modern city.
But when it comes down to it, I really just want a piece of land outside of town where I can hoard school buses, mopeds, vw's, etc.
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #309
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 3,028
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
You got me looking at Zillow for land now... But not in Florida, I need a summer haven away from the heat!

That place looks great!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #310
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
You got me looking at Zillow for land now... But not in Florida, I need a summer haven away from the heat!

That place looks great!
Yeah I saw it when I was checking my home value. I paid $46k and now its worth about $150k. The neighbors just sold theirs and I think its about to be a rental.
If I sell now I could buy land and have a cool fifty grand left over.
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #311
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,390
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I wish I copuld find land anywhere with a shop building I could work indoors.. up here everything is zoned commercial which instantly jacks the price way up.. and people here would rather sit on a building while it stays empty, paying ther taxes on it rather than rent it or sell it for a little less...



my storage iunit I rent is great but its still outdoors even though covered. and we have been running 20-25 degrees below average this october / november.. I sure could use some global warming about now..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #312
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I wish I copuld find land anywhere with a shop building I could work indoors.. up here everything is zoned commercial which instantly jacks the price way up.. and people here would rather sit on a building while it stays empty, paying ther taxes on it rather than rent it or sell it for a little less...



my storage iunit I rent is great but its still outdoors even though covered. and we have been running 20-25 degrees below average this october / november.. I sure could use some global warming about now..

-Christopher
Indoors is nice when its cold!
We've been pricing steel buildings, too. They're really not too expensive. If we end up with totally vacant land we'll likely order a steel building that's fully enclosed and big enough for around 4 full size buses.
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:01 AM   #313
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,390
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the big thing up here is you have to insualte the crap out of them or you'll never heat them.. I know others have different ideas of wamr and cold but metal tools in hands below about 45-50 will hinder the works of fingers.. gloves are great but cant always reach tight spots with gloves on.. so warm days and heated spaces are needed then.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #314
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,711
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Well my bus' safety inspection sticker is almost out of date.

Guess I'll actually start decal, adhesive, and reflective tape removal this week!
I've been hesitant but its time.
I'd keep it just "because" nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
But when it comes down to it, I really just want a piece of land outside of town where I can hoard school buses, mopeds, vw's, etc.
Rural but 20 minutes from the big box stores and fancy grocery stores, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
You got me looking at Zillow for land now... But not in Florida, I need a summer haven away from the heat!
Trulia is a better app IMHO. Owned by the same company as Zillow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Yeah I saw it when I was checking my home value. I paid $46k and now its worth about $150k. The neighbors just sold theirs and I think its about to be a rental.
Wish I wasn't upside down.
Quote:
If I sell now I could buy land and have a cool fifty grand left over.
I foresee a building permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I wish I copuld find land anywhere with a shop building I could work indoors.. up here everything is zoned commercial which instantly jacks the price way up.. and people here would rather sit on a building while it stays empty, paying ther taxes on it rather than rent it or sell it for a little less...
That makes no sense at all. If I'm sitting on a paid off building, renting it for the property taxes plus some is better than out of pocket. I could see not wanting to sell but renting it? It's "free" money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Indoors is nice when its cold!
It's all relative but FL doesn't get cold!!
Quote:
We've been pricing steel buildings, too. They're really not too expensive. If we end up with totally vacant land we'll likely order a steel building that's fully enclosed and big enough for around 4 full size buses.
Bet $50k will get you one hell of a steel building. Concrete would be the expensive part. $30-35k for a huge pad and $15-20k for the rest!!
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #315
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,711
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
the big thing up here is you have to insualte the crap out of them or you'll never heat them.. I know others have different ideas of warm and cold but metal tools in hands below about 45-50 will hinder the works of fingers.. gloves are great but cant always reach tight spots with gloves on.. so warm days and heated spaces are needed then.
This!!! Last night and black Fri were the same temp; 37. Worked all day black Fri but there was no wind. Last night was windy as hell and felt damp. All I did was put an air compressor and a bucket of tools on the bus. Tried retying the tarp a bit. Might have been out there literally 5 minutes. My hands were freezing.


So, I'll take that 10,000 sq foot unheated uninsulated building thank you very much!!
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #316
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,933
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
I'd keep it just "because" nostalgia.

Rural but 20 minutes from the big box stores and fancy grocery stores, please.

Trulia is a better app IMHO. Owned by the same company as Zillow.

Wish I wasn't upside down.
I foresee a building permit.

That makes no sense at all. If I'm sitting on a paid off building, renting it for the property taxes plus some is better than out of pocket. I could see not wanting to sell but renting it? It's "free" money.

It's all relative but FL doesn't get cold!!
Bet $50k will get you one hell of a steel building. Concrete would be the expensive part. $30-35k for a huge pad and $15-20k for the rest!!
It gets cold enough for me here!
I work for a guy who does concrete jobs on the side. Big ones. 20-30k will buy a hell of a steel building.
__________________
.
Wear A Mask- Stop the Spread!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #317
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,711
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
It gets cold enough for me here!
I work for a guy who does concrete jobs on the side. Big ones. 20-30k will buy a hell of a steel building.
I dunno your average lows much less the record lows. Tally got into the teens every once in awhile but it's still FL. If it's too cold, wait 3 days.


Having an inside guy doesn't hurt either. I know concrete is expensive but $20k even at 6" thick and without a guy that knows a guy still has to be a sizable garage.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #318
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,390
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
seems like around here concrete varies wildly in price per yard.. winter is the worst.. even though times are slow, the cold weather additives they have to use jack up the prices big time.. occasionally you can get good pricing if you need a smallish amount as you can piggy-back on a truck thats making a run nearby.. so the truck may have room for a few extra yards and you can get a decent deal.. but a smallish job where you need to roll a truck you'll pay through the ass here
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #319
Bus Geek
 
Brewerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Essex, MD
Posts: 3,711
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
seems like around here concrete varies wildly in price per yard.. winter is the worst.. even though times are slow, the cold weather additives they have to use jack up the prices big time.. occasionally you can get good pricing if you need a smallish amount as you can piggy-back on a truck thats making a run nearby.. so the truck may have room for a few extra yards and you can get a decent deal.. but a smallish job where you need to roll a truck you'll pay through the ass here
-Christopher
That doesn't make a lot of sense either. Why are you adding stuff to concrete in the winter? It's exothermic. It creates it's own heat during curing.

And $20k better buy you more than 12 yards of concrete.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #320
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 986
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
The concrete itself is around $100 a yard, labor is the big part of the price
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×