Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #121
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
That they are.

Ignoring the "first" part, because they are smart doesn't mean you have to be online 24/7 using it. It's a tool like anything else. It does come in handy on occasion. Especially if you're looking for lunch in Cleveland and you've never been to Cleveland.

But yeah I get it, why pay for something you don't want/use... I'm still going to poke you for it tho.

theres good reason to have nerver been to cleveland.. dont need a smart phone to tell people that

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #122
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
theres good reason to have never been to Cleveland.. don't need a smart phone to tell people that
I've been there twice recently.

First time was to buy a car. It's not easy finding a diesel wagon with a manual transmission and a moon roof. It's also not easy to go thru the VW buy back program without the title in your hand. You know, because you can't possibly mail the title later. i understand you will keep my money until you get it. I'm ok with that. but no, that will never do. Spent 4 hrs arguing with 800-VW about that.

Second time was over the post 4th weekend coming back from MI. I can check being frisked by a cop off my bucket list. I understand that it's typical procedure in all felony stops. Oh wait, rolling thru a stop sign while not using the turn signal isn't a felony. When told it would take awhile to find the registration in the glove box I was told to "never mind". I've never been asked to sit in the police car while they run my license. I've never been told that I need to be frisked before sitting in a police car. All of that was fine. Being told that I need to put my hands behind my back while being frisked was a bit much. You know, because TSA doesn't do it a million times a day with your arms straight out. And do you really need to grab my wrists while I have my hands behind my back?

So, yes Chris, I highly recommend Cleveland as a lovely place to avoid.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #123
Bus Geek

Quote:
I've been there twice recently.

First time was to buy a car. It's not easy finding a diesel wagon with a manual transmission and a moon roof. It's also not easy to go thru the VW buy back program without the title in your hand. You know, because you can't possibly mail the title later. i understand you will keep my money until you get it. I'm ok with that. but no, that will never do. Spent 4 hrs arguing with 800-VW about that.

Second time was over the post 4th weekend coming back from MI. I can check being frisked by a cop off my bucket list. I understand that it's typical procedure in all felony stops. Oh wait, rolling thru a stop sign while not using the turn signal isn't a felony. When told it would take awhile to find the registration in the glove box I was told to "never mind". I've never been asked to sit in the police car while they run my license. I've never been told that I need to be frisked before sitting in a police car. All of that was fine. Being told that I need to put my hands behind my back while being frisked was a bit much. You know, because TSA doesn't do it a million times a day with your arms straight out. And do you really need to grab my wrists while I have my hands behind my back?

So, yes Chris, I highly recommend Cleveland as a lovely place to avoid.

ha!! that sounds like any traffic stop in Ohio... its probably the only state where they will put you up for the death penalty for squealing the tires at a hot-rod show...

**ALL** buyback programs SUCK!! Ive done it twice.... first being a GMC pickup that was 5 months old and spontaneously burst into flames while I was taking a cruise in the country... the 3rd party fire investigator said "the plastic fuel rail appeared to have failed and sprayed gas all over the exhaust pipes..." GM< still tried to denty it being their fault.. for several MONTHS till I used the word 'Sue' on the phone.. amazing what just using that girls name will do to people.. i wish i had a name like that!...

-Christopher
Old 07-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #124
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
ha!! that sounds like any traffic stop in Ohio... its probably the only state where they will put you up for the death penalty for squealing the tires at a hot-rod show...
At least it was a lady cop and she was kinda cute. I should have asked her for a kiss first.

I think she was a new recruit. She looked very young and the male cop with her just kinda stood around like he was taking notes. I've been pulled over at 3am for rolling thru stop signs and not using the turn signal before. Usually it's just a license/registration,... oh you're not drunk. Don't do it again. Have a nice night. Pretty sure me walking to her car was a covert sobriety test which probably isn't legal by the spirit of the law (if not letter) but whatever. I passed the frisking, the sobriety, and driver's license check.

Quote:
**ALL** buyback programs SUCK!! Ive done it twice.... first being a GMC pickup that was 5 months old and spontaneously burst into flames while I was taking a cruise in the country... the 3rd party fire investigator said "the plastic fuel rail appeared to have failed and sprayed gas all over the exhaust pipes..." GM< still tried to denty it being their fault.. for several MONTHS till I used the word 'Sue' on the phone.. amazing what just using that girls name will do to people.. i wish i had a name like that!...

-Christopher
That's lemon law. Of course they are going to fight you on that. If you hadn't been driving so fast, the fuel pressure wouldn't be so high. The VW is the court telling you that you're a lying SOB. You've been caught. You will buy back the vehicles. And you will pay a fine.

Hell, the only reason I was doing the buy back is because I could get another diesel NW newer years, with fewer miles, and less payment. VW didn't even try to get me back into one of their gas cars much less one of the cars that was a flash update. Poorly handled from a PR or even damage control point of view.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #125
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Well, still no rain. Just clouds so far.
Gonna roll my own then head out to the bus.

I'll be pulling the seats and putting some of the bucket style transit seats in. Kubla's Nuke Bus has GREAT seats!!!!

I'm gonna hold you a few, Chris!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #126
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
Leave me some!!
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:37 AM   #127
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
Leave me some!!
Was gonna leave 3 rows up front. LMK
Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM   #128
Bus Geek

Did a QUICK walk around yesterday before a bunch of rain came in. Forgive the shite camera work.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #129
Bus Geek

sure seems like a nice little bus!!

Kubla actually wants seats in his own bus? lolol

-Christopher
Old 07-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #130
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Looks good! I need to look at my Bluebird and see if they used blocks for my extra ride height option.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #131
Bus Crazy

Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
I want 2 of them for my short bus up here and some in that bus, my shorty has one kindergarten seat in the back, only ever had 3
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #132
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post

Did a QUICK walk around yesterday before a bunch of rain came in. Forgive the shite camera work.
Man- this forum has some really negative people. This is the only place I shared the video and in 3 views its gotten a thumbs down??

Thanks, whatever jerk gave me the thumbs down. Take that thumb and stick it right up...
Old 07-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #133
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
I want 2 of them for my short bus up here and some in that bus, my shorty has one kindergarten seat in the back, only ever had 3
Cool, there will be PLENTY then!
Old 07-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #134
Skoolie

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Quote:
Man- this forum has some really negative people. This is the only place I shared the video and in 3 views its gotten a thumbs down??

Thanks, whatever jerk gave me the thumbs down. Take that thumb and stick it right up...
I've gotten two thumbs down from here in the last week. Pretty frustrating.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:46 PM   #135
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:

It's penis envy. They wished they had made that deal. I look at thumbs down as nothing but jealousy. It's the internet.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #136
Bus Geek

I know it's rude for people to do it, but that's youtube. Also, Google doesn't care which arrow someone clicks, if they click an arrow they rank your video better because it shows engagement.

I put up a video on a harbor freight impact gun and I got some amazing comments.

"Wow, you and your brother are both idiots."
"You are an idiot. You know nothing about tools and probably need to spend more time in your "short bus".
"i agree but youre an idiot i love hf"
"You talk too much lol"

Then half the rest are saying I'm a shill for harbor freight,t he rest are saying I'm too mean to harbor freight. One guy said I'm a paid tool salesman who travels the world in a bus selling tools.

That's just Youtube. Your video was cool.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #137
Bus Geek

Quote:

Wasn't me. Didn't watch it until just now but I can see wheere it deserves a thumbs down. 1) your dog training skills need some work. 2) it's not a Blue Bird 3) it's not an 8.3L

What's that in the back corner behind the seat?

Your handicap doors are too wide. They've got to be at least 36" wide. Probably a tad wider for the wheel chairs. I need a 32" (I think). Maybe 35" (???). I need to measure again between the ribs instead of on center.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #138
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
"Wow, you and your brother are both idiots."
"You are an idiot. You know nothing about tools and probably need to spend more time in your "short bus".
"i agree but youre an idiot i love hf"
"You talk too much lol"
HF doesn't MAKE anything. That said, they sell mostly cheap Chinese knockoffs. So long as you know that walking in the door, it's fine. I have a 1/2" 1200lb/ft torque impact gun I bought from there close to 15 yrs ago. Do I use it while working 13 hrs a day at a truck stop? No. But it has done everything except a bolt on the steering of a Dodge. That one went to a shop where they have "real" tools and they don't mind jacking the air pressure to 200 psi. Even after adding fire to it, the shop tools couldn't get it loose either. Ended up cutting the bolts.

Quote:
One guy said I'm a paid tool salesman who travels the world in a bus selling tools.
Well, if you aren't, could you at least get me an application? Sounds like a decent gig to me. Better than sitting here in a cube farm.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #139
Bus Geek

Quote:
Wasn't me. Didn't watch it until just now but I can see wheere it deserves a thumbs down. 1) your dog training skills need some work. 2) it's not a Blue Bird 3) it's not an 8.3L

What's that in the back corner behind the seat?

Your handicap doors are too wide. They've got to be at least 36" wide. Probably a tad wider for the wheel chairs. I need a 32" (I think). Maybe 35" (???). I need to measure again between the ribs instead of on center.

and the BIG one? no A/C..

really though.. its an awesome bus.. and screw youtube videos.. i get thumbs down on my vids all the time as well as ignorant comments..

like the guy that told me I was adjusting my fan clutch springs backwards.. even though he later said he hated viscous clutches anyway cause the fans never turn on... hmmm maybe HE is adjusting his springs backwards..
-Christopher
Old 07-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #140
Bus Geek

Honestly if HF needed a paid shill I'm enough of a fangirl I'd probably do it. But I wouldn't lie about which tools are good and which aren't. i'm 45 minutes from the closest store and I go there twice a month. My last big purchase was an airless paint sprayer and I knocked out the rest of the Wanderlodge's paint in about 2 hours.

The cordless impact I bought was for taking bus wheels off. My brother said it was the business and I didn't believe him, but I figured I could return it if it didn't do the deed. I didn't end up having to return it!