Iím looking to build an open-concept short bus.
* Sleep space for 1-2 while urban, suburban, and rural ďcampingĒ.
* Festival home base. Totally minimalist needs.
* Jamming & recording space for 1-4 musicians. Shore power or lithium bank.
* Tour bus for band of 2-4 people.
With a thoroughly stripped-down interior, something like:
Air mattress, 400 lbs of music equipment, 3 passengers. Goal Zero 3000, water, etc.
Nothing built-in (bedding, storage, kitchen, bathroom).
I figure I can improve the performance of the vehicle by hauling less.
This looks promising:
A few questions to the community:
Is this engine as desirable as advertised?
* With this minimalist of a setup, will I get better than 8-10 mpg?
Removal of ADA lift should strip significant weight as well.
* Is rust a concern with this being a PA sale?
I"ve been a long-time lurker here, and have learned so much. I'm so thankful to this community already.