I've been looking around for a conventional, 20'-30' bus and might still go that route. However, for various reasons I am rethinking a bus that size and thinking something smaller would better fit my needs. Hopefully someone here can answer a few questions
1. Interior dimensions such as usual height and width are?
2. Looking at what MidWest has I see they appear to be on a van chasis. What is their normal weight load? Is there a style (name?) that runs on something more powerful than a van?
3. How are they underneath the body? Is there plenty of room to put in water tanks & storage like with a conventional school bus?
4. Mileage. Most I see are gas. Do these babies usually have better mileage than the big buses? About how much mpg would be normal?
5. The vast majority seem to be under 20seater. Is there a style that is around 30passenger (name of style)?
6. I would be buying one from the early-mid 90s, which seems to fit my price range. Any type I should avoid, like say the GMC's are utter crud so no touchy--that sort of thing?
Any tips and suggestions?