Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #1

Shuttle bus window reseal

Hello sealant freaks!
I’m about to put my windows back into my ‘08 e450 goshen coach shuttle bus and was kinda hesitant.. I have surmised from searching around for sealant tips that dynatron 550 seam sealer is the best for windows. But this is generally for regular skoolie windows right? I have the big t-top windows that open at the top. The original sealant was butyl tape and I am wondering if I need to use this same method again rather than dynatron due to the way the window fits/seals into the opening (flush with outer wall). I have never seen a skoolie window apart but I imagine it isn’t the large flange like the t-windows on a shuttle. I was thinking I’d just use only dynatron (just a heavy bead near the edge of the flange) initially but I’m having second thoughts before I start gooping everything up with seam sealant. Should I get butyl tape and use the seam seal on the outside edge or just go with only butyl or only dynatron? Butyl tape just didn’t seem as good to me, especially the 10+ year old stuff I was scraping out, not the best seal after some time.

Any advice would be great, I’d rather not waste the time or fancy glue due to novice presumption!

Any shuttle folks that have resealed their windows?

Puskara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:27 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
I used butyl tape on my shuttle. idk about that other kind of sealer.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sealant, shuttle, windows