Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

It's been awhile but I got some work done today finally!!!

Ordered some things for the bus, lights, mirrors, etc.

Ripped out the seats, the cage, and the side bars along the window. Only thing remaining is the "guard" seat by the front door and the rear heater. There is a blower it looks like behind the driver seat. I didn't get a picture of it. The seat in the back is loose and was pulled out. I placed it back with just the bolts slipped through the holes as the heater hangs from the seat. It will stay there until I figure out exactly if I'm going to keep it or toss it.

Next I need to rip out the plywood and prep the floors. Going to be difficult with cold weather coming in.
For using Ospho to treat rust how cold is too cold for the stuff to work?
I'm guessing it's gonna be difficult seeing as I'll need to put Rustoleum down afterward and that will be difficult in 20F weather.

On that note, the roof looks better than I first thought. Slap a new coat of paint up there and she'll be good.

Nstavniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

I only had to take out two seats and it was a pain in the ass. But I had fun first time using an angle grinder. Impressive sir!
JamesHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Yeah, I did a quick try with a ratchet but being one person working on this thing I said no monkeying around, grabbed an angle grinder and went to town! I only had to go 'Nat' on one seat! (Stubborn bolt on the chair rail, rocking the seat back and forth to get a good angle to cut it free.) Hopefully Thursday I'll be able to rip out insulation and the plywood floor. Really sucks winter is here, makes things difficult in the way of painting and such.
Nstavniec is offline   Reply With Quote