Wanted to spruce up the dash a little......I'll be building a new one down the line (after i get MUCH more versed in electrical matters). I used Copper Metallic because I think I'll eventually paint the exterior that color.
Glued the old Spicer shift pattern above the shift lever, in case anyone else ever has to drive it.
And used some old 'redneck ingenuity' while searching for something to seal up the plenum intake from the Hurri-Hot I removed....it even matches my paint job! (...talk about sophistication....).
I like the copper look! Is the shift knob a plain white knob? Reminds me of an old Hurst shifter knob. Looks good! I wish you were closer to Kansas, I'd like to see your bus in person to check out all of the cool details!
Thanks! I'll stop by in about 5 years, during my retirement wanderings.
It's a baseball coated in epoxy.....not the best pic. I used to work with a guy that made a shift lever out of an old sword....was cool as hell. I haven't given up on doing the same, just not a priority right now.
Not much time for bus stuff this weekend, but did spend a few hours on securing and security. Got all my knobs and roller catches installed, changed the lock and locking location on my back door, added a deadbolt to my front door, and used my last keyed-alike T-handle to lock my hood.......7 T-handles in total.
So I have 1 key and 13 spares.
Still need to shim my cabinet doors. And found some neat little clamps to compression-close my front-and rear-cap transom windows against the weatherstripping.....plan on framing those and finishing my end-caps next weekend. Glad the hot weather is supposed to break by then.....I'm ready for fall.
Fell short on my plans for today, but did finish tying down all my ductwork, and framed out the front transom window. The blue tape is where I'll add a piece of Velcro to hold the window open, and I've also got a fair amount of storage under the shelf.......plan to keep my household tools there (hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.).
Thanks! I've been concerned that it might be getting a little too 'forest-y' in here, but I really like all the contrasts.
Finished framing my back transom window, and closing off the end cap. Built a HUGE storage cabinet over the foot of the bed. Also used the curtain material to close off the top of the loveseat, and finished attaching the bolsters.
Saw a stairway post cap that I liked while at Home Depot, and cut it and tapped it to become my new shift knob. Thank you Martha Stewart Living.
Mounted my mirror, and added netting above the loveseat to store pillows and blankets.
And installed my new steering wheel....went from 18" to 16". A little more thigh clearance when shifting, and better sight-lines to the gauges. The spokes are chrome, but I didn't expect them to reflect the copper or the wood......a welcome bonus. Looks almost custom.
2 years into my build..........thought I'd be done in 18 months max, but still have some work to do. Feels like the time has flown by, even though some tasks seemed to take forever to complete.
I hope all you fine folks have a happy ______(Holiday/Cultural Event/Denominational Ceremony), and a healthy and prosperous 2020.
This resonates with me... I've had Argo for 18 months now, and I only just now got the seats/bed installed. I'm guessing it'll be another 18 months before I say "Done enough to call done," but I don't think I'll ever actually be finished... there will always be something I'll want to change or improve or add. Still, when I look at comparable RVs for sale around here, I get a warm fuzzy because I haven't even spent a quarter of the asking price, and the only big thing I need to get yet is the composting toilet. So it's worth it!