Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 09:20 PM   #481
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
To be honest, if it makes any noise, I can't hear it over the engine. And the screens reduce the flow down to about what you'd feel sticking your arm out the window at 25 mph or so, so it's not like the wind is whistling through there.

Pics of the '55! I love those old F100s and F150s. My grandpa (farmer) bought a new one every 3 years or so from the 1950's til the late 1980s.....that's all I knew growing up.
Sounds like the vent works well!!

My dad bought the F100 years ago and my sister drove it to high school. I ended up driving it a few years as well in High School... Fast forward to about 5 years ago before kids, my wife and I used to cruise it in town on a Friday night. I haven't driven it in 4-5 yrs now... Needing a fuel pump now, but need to get it back on the road soon!
Attached Thumbnails
20200721_183429 (1).jpg  

Frochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:53 PM   #482
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frochevy View Post
Needing a fuel pump now, but need to get it back on the road soon!
Yeah.....that's too nice to be relegated to the back yard.

Was looking at rectangular off-road lights to mount in my bumper cut-outs, then remembered I had a set in the closet that I bought long ago to put on my truck. Had a friend cut out some rings and mounting plates on his Shopbot, and added some bumperettes to help protect them.

And left room for what has to be the coolest license plate ever created by mankind.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  
Attached Images

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #483
Bus Nut

Really love the wood trim! I agree with everything except for the coolest Lisence plate!! Lol would have to be a purple Powercat for me!!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #484
Bus Crazy

Just an absolutely gorgeous plate.

The original rings weren't wide enough to bore for screws, so my buddy cut another pair a little wider. Now I can get in behind them to shim the lights as needed. Of course, I dropped one and shattered the lens, so had to order another set.

I'll be slowing down on my conversion somewhat. I always knew I'd start skydiving again after I finished the bus, and I am almost finished, but the urge to jump has just been getting stronger and stronger, so I got back up in the air last week. Another drain on my disposable income. At least the bus is camp-worthy (with a cooler), and I've still got 4 years before I need it full-time.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  

The Busted Flush
Old 12-26-2020, 09:30 PM   #485
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Damn, Don. 2 posts from where I left off & your plant shut down. That was a while ago. Hope all is well on that front. I haven't seen any "Will work for diesel" posts yet, so I'm guessing you're hanging in there. You are still wearing a chute when you jump, right?

Seriously though, looking great! Still so very love your woodwork. Everything about your build, really. But especially the wood.

With the speedo change, did they reprogram for a gearing change? Or account for a different tire size?

Also, now that you have the water tanks mounted, how has the weight impacted the ride quality / traction / handling?

Keep your head up. 2020 can only last so long.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #486
Bus Crazy

I haven't noticed any change in the driving dynamics with the water tanks full, but they're only adding about 600 pounds at the very rear, so I didn't think I would. They're still full, too, so not sloshing back and forth.

Still pondering the speedometer thing. I know something's not right, just not what. I haven't gotten anyone to pace me yet.

The Busted Flush
Old 12-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #487
Bus Nut

[QUOTE=plfking;419810Still pondering the speedometer thing. I know something's not right, just not what. I haven't gotten anyone to pace me yet.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried downloading a dash speedometer app on your phone to check it against? I don't know how accurate they are...