Hey guys so i wanted to start this for my conversion. I quickly demoed most of my bus and am going to start the floor pretty soon!
for starters I have a 1998 shortie bluebird so i can go crazy with some expense because I dont have to buy nearly as much it measures something like 80 SQ. FT
-Demo to bare metal
-Coat with a sealant
-Fiberglass or bondo all holes in the floor
-lay 3/4-1" foam insulation (I am VERY limited on head room)
-lay 1/2- 3/4" ply
-Float a vinyl waterproof floor and maybe have a sound layer underneath that.
-Demo and remove insulation
-Remove as much around A/C and leave Roof A/C (Still on the fence, but i think im keeping it)
-foam insulate with 1" or more
-Cedar ceiling runners
-Custom A/C cover made of wood to blend nicely
-RV Fan Cut out
-holes to run solar panel cables
lets not talk about those
but i think the consensus is imma keep em mainly cause there good to anchor stuff too. so I might just cut the areas I need out.
-re-insulate and seal with either paneling or cedar in noticeable areas
-make small window sills
-Remove all handles for emergency exit and go with a clean dead bolt look
-Full XL bed
-Storage in the headboard
-Custom cabinets or get something from IKEA not sure yet.
-4'-5.5' kitchen featuring:
-2 burner propane stove (12" RV stoves)
-Propane will either be run from a small bottle inside or a hose that will run outside into a normal tank
-15"X 15" sink under mount with a work space filler.
-Butcher block counter top or natural slab epoxied
-block off 2 bottom windows so that you cant see the back of the cabinets from the inside.
-hoping to fit 2 normal cabinets and a 3 drawer
-Fresh and grey water tank with city hook up, not sure where they will mount yet.
- 2 or 3 upper cabinets for food storage like long ones that will curve with the ceiling and only come out about 8-12".
- all the way to the right will be a Wynter chest fridge
- Standard RV Dinette that will fold down to a very tight twin lol. This will be for guest that need to crash or kids. (Honestly I cant see more then my Girl and I being in this bus at once but if i sold it in the future its prob a nice option to have. )
- There will also be a table that will be comfortable for 2 or a tight 3.
- This will also be equipped with a seat belt in each seat from the old bus seats
-My favorite thing im going to try is about a 24" X 24" space that I will make mount read for either a wood burning stove or portable A/C for when im docked up and need some extra cooling or heat. kinda hard to explain so diagrams to come.
- 2 or 3 solar Flexible panels (6' X 2')
- custom 300 MaH Lithium ion battery (I got one very cheap)
- full 12 volt system and one inverter for MINOR things that aren't possible to be ran off 12V.
- Shore power hook up
- wind turbine connector when parked up with no solar. (later addition)
-remove or cover metal above head so that it flows better.
-back up camera addition
-new head unit
-New Speakers i might go with a full Bluetooth speaker set up kinda like a home theater gig and just run that but we will see
- Full LED light upgrades
- Light bar up top for the back road driving
- DOT regulation lights (this thing will be a Christmas tree)
- White paint and accent of mountains or trees in a diff color.
So pretty ambitious right!?!? well that's the plan im sure it will change as the build goes on! right now im at the demo and planning stage we finally decided on our layout now we are going to make a diagram. im going to post all the pics i have right now and ill post a pic of the actual diagram maybe tomorrow. KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE!! have a great day!