Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #1

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: E450
Engine: Ford 7.3 TD
Rated Cap: 15
The PSUer

Kind of new here, but found this site while researching buses to buy, fantastic tool for people trying to research ideas, been reading for months until I actually joined. I searched for a bus for about three months, until I finally found one that was in fairly good shape in my $2-$3000 price range. Drove up to 2 1/2 hours a couple of times to look at some, man, what people show you on the web is not even close to what they are trying to sell! Anyway, ended up finding one twenty minutes from home. When I found out it had the Powerstroke 7.3 diesel, pretty much knew I found the one I wanted. Finally pulled the trigger when I got it closer to the bottom end of what I was looking for price wise, back in November. Too cold this winter to do anything yet, so now that the sun is beginnging to shine, going to get started on what I can for now.
My plan is to make a tailgater out of it for football as well as camping. For right now, I am planning on keeping four of the bus seats, swapping one from each side so they face each other and putting a table in between them. Then I want to either get rid of the remaining seats, or keep them, tear the vinyl and padding off and re-upholster them with fresh vinyl and go all the way to the back. Right now I am working on getting an inverter and wiring that up for crock pots and so forth, putting a trailer hitch on to put the cooler/ grill hauler on the back to conserve space. Maybe some stainless wheel inserts, get the stickers off. Changed the interior lights to blue LEDs for a little Penn St. vibe. The cheap starters! When I get more time, when I am done remodeling my main bathroom at home, and have some money, I will get into it more extensively. I will try to post pictures as I go, but will be a slow process for me!
Attached Thumbnails
PSUer.jpg  

ceehawks08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16
Re: The PSUer

Nice...

Yeah, it's tough trying to work on them in the winter...

Keep us posted as you make progress...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Collins Bantam
Chassis: Ford E-350
Engine: 6.9l International Diesel
Rated Cap: 20

Looks like a nice bus for the price. Nice find
crazyman_stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Chevy

Cool bus! Interested to see how you make the tailgater... I'm from the state college area and of coarse love to tailgate at psu. If my bus wasn't red, I'd take it!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #5

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: E450
Engine: Ford 7.3 TD
Rated Cap: 15

Just put a bunch of PSU stuff all over it and take it anyway! Picking up a 4 foot wide by 2 foot wide deep freezer this weekend. Doesn't work, but it will work well as a huge cooler, just add ice! Won't be ready to mount that puppy until after the Blue/White game though. Have to build the seats in it first. Once I get really started after the B/W game, I will start with some pictures.
ceehawks08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Chevy

Nice! If you buy your beer at happy valley refreshment in boalsburg, they'll ice it for free! Doubt they would fill the freezer, but they will hook you up! I work there part time as a second job, I'll hook ya up good if you bring the skoolie through!