Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #1

The Zombie Bus, Chevy Express G3500 Conversion

Good day all, I have just joined this site in the hopes that I can share with you all my ongoing bus conversion into, a tiny house. My bus is a Chevy Express G-3500 Year 2005. I haven't done that much to it yet aside from tearing down the roof panels and removing the 2 heaters as well as all the seats and the air conditioner. I don't have pics of the seats inside of the bus but everything else was photographed.

Here are some pics showcasing the bus in all it's glory as well as a progress picture. I quickly edited the photos to show the bus only and not the junk around it because I just want my bus to be seen and be the center of attention.

Also just as a side note the name Zombie Bus is just a temporary name until my bus is complete inside and out then I will reveal the true name.

ZombieBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #2

Update.

It would appear that only a single picture works, I wanted to share the progress pics I took of before and after of what it looks like now.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
EEK! A naked bus!
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

Well don't look, that's not appropriate. ;)
Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #5

Update: Progress Pics

Here are some progress pictures of my bus and what I have done to it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
20170719_185631_HDR.jpg   20170719_191823_HDR.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
That's quite a "Moon Roof" you have working there.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:29 PM   #7

Reply.

Yea, unfortunately I may have to put it on hold for a little while since I no longer have the tools necessary to build my bus, due to a fire that claimed my dad's repair shop and garage along with nearly all of his tools inside of it. I will post pictures when I can hoping to get it done this year and living in it.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
OUCH! Sorry to hear it. Hang in there.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Yikes! That is terrible news for you and your dad. I assume the shop is a big part of your lives and a way you bonded (?) I hope it works out for you. The bus is well on its way to being anything but stock! You are seriously ambitious… I assume you are putting in a second story and maybe a bell tower! I would do that too but Wendy's drive thru has a height limit!
toplessartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #10

New Update!

So it looks as if I am scrapping the whole bus idea, it isn't too hard and I am still building the custom A-Frame roof I had originally planned for but will be turning it into a workshop, since financially I won't be able to complete it for a long time. But on the up side I did happen to come into another vehicle that I am doing work for that I have decided to turn into my house. I don't know if it's allowed to be shown here since it isn't a bus but if it is then I'll be glad to make another thread to show my progress on it. It is a Ford Econoline Tioga Arrow Motor home.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:38 AM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBus View Post
So it looks as if I am scrapping the whole bus idea, it isn't too hard and I am still building the custom A-Frame roof I had originally planned for but will be turning it into a workshop, since financially I won't be able to complete it for a long time. But on the up side I did happen to come into another vehicle that I am doing work for that I have decided to turn into my house. I don't know if it's allowed to be shown here since it isn't a bus but if it is then I'll be glad to make another thread to show my progress on it. It is a Ford Econoline Tioga Arrow Motor home.
I don't care if you post non-buses. At least its van-based!
Hell I post about my Dogiban all the time.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote