Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2020, 07:27 AM   #1

Transmission dipstick, turbo start up

Morning All, I am a brand new bus owner of a 1999 3400 International short school bus. Plans are to turn it into a mobile farm store to serve in food deserts in my local town.

At the moment, I am getting it ready to move to its storage and upfitting location, i.e. a barn. I found the T444E PDF manual here which will be of a great help. Thanks for making that happen

The current information needed is details on simple thing like removing the transmission dipstick. I understand that you need to move the cap handle from a right angle to straight. The problem is that it the stick will not pull out. You can tell in is loose at the top now, but it is not budging. Seems pretty straight forward, but I guess not at least to me.

I also need a owners or operators manual to understand all dash pieces and the ins and outs of use. I guess this would be a cab manual or something like that.

Any tips on starting a turbo diesel vehicle that has been sitting for 8 months. New batteries are happening tomorrow. But my major concern is a dry turbo startup. First turbo and first diesel vehicle ever, though I did work of a turbo power drag bike back in the days.

Thanks

rick52768 is offline   Reply With Quote