In order to get a UK registration plate I have had to complete the conversion to a motor home (RV) before the UK government will test it (it would fail as a bus - deposits passengers on wrong side of road!)
I had to go for a 9 hour test yesterday! The end result is that it was tested as if I had built the whole vehicle myself from parts since International is not recognised as a manufacturer - so I get to choose the Gross laden weight which will be 7.5 tonnes, which is largest vehicle I have a driving license for. The good news was that all the faults it failed on are fixable
- Most external Lights too high or wrong colours
- Sharp edges need to be rounded off or have trim added
- Door needs a deadbolt with buzzer
- No VIN stamped on Chassis
- Trim exhaust so it does't extend beyond bumper (fender)
I'll have to take lots of bits off or disable them, have it re-tested and later put them all back on again!
Had the seat recovered....
And managed to get all the utilities like 240v in, gas flies and Hot water shower out together
Will post pics when it is completed....