Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: E450
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Vent installation - ceiling removal tips

Hi all - new here.

Just bought a bus that is already mostly converted by the previous owner, excited to adventure during the winter 2 days to 2 weeks at a time.
I live in a coastal/ temperate climate in Vancouver. The bus is currently not insulated nor does it have a ceiling vent, like a Fan-tastic or MaxxAir to circulate air.
I've been reading a lot about the possibility of condensation especially with the constant rain and cooling air/ frost in the winter months here.
In order to install a ceiling vent, do I have to remove the interior ceiling panels? It looks like a real mission to do this, especially when the interior living space is done.

What are other ways to avoid condensation when it sits parked on the street between trips?
I have so many questions, but any thoughts welcome. I'm worried if I don't come up with an air ventilating system that I may run into some problems... the worst being mould.

integrity99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
condensation, short bus, ventilation, venting, winterizing