Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #1

Which Forum Should I Post In?

I'm a "Newbie" here, and in my "Greeting" I posted many pictures of other projects I've completed...from basic repaints and overhaul to complete frame off restorations. I tried to keep it on track when asked specific questions.
My son is the one who got the '62 Chevy shorty "shuttle" bus that's being restored. Being a 60 year old vehicle, I would normally opt for a frame-off restoration, but how do you take it off the frame and onto a rotisserie? Best bet is it will be a frame-on restomod.
Anyone else out there brave enough to have tackled one of these oldies? What engine and transmission did you use? Rear end? AC? Power brakes and steering?
Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9838.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	58526

6T2Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #2

Newbie as well

We have a 1958 Chevy Bluebird school bus that we have just started a conversion on. We too are in our 60s and are looking forward to this challenge.
I just signed up so I do not know what thread to ask questions on .....any suggestions?
1958er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #3

Our 1958 Chevy is a 7 1/2 window ...so it also is a smaller bus. We have a Spartan 80 series bus that originally had a 283 motor but it was changed out for a 327 at some point, which is what it has now. We have a Muncie 2 speed transmission that my husband has totally taken apart and rebuilt. We just picked the engine up from the machine shop that we had taken it to for them the check out and clean up for us. We are presently working on the brakes....
We have found a chassis a couple hours away from us that we can purchase to transfer our bus body to if necessary.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #4

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Huy...bHtTTsd6WgybSA