Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #1

Year: 1984
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: p30
Engine: chevy 6.2 diesel
Rated Cap: 30
Adding WVO to diesel

Hey I heard that you can add up to 40% well filtered wvo to your diesel tank without ant mods at all. True/False?

canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40
Re: Adding WVO to diesel

TRUE!.......And even more once the tank has begun to re-circulate thus heating the fuel, especially in HOT climate areas. But it will run BETTER if the oil is at a optimum temperature close to it's flashpoint. Say, around 170 degrees........just like the coolant that is circulating. RECYCLER
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD 6-71N

I really don't know but I've heard that only on certain types if injection systems can you blend wvo and diesel.
I'm saying this so you can check it out to see if yours is the right type. I would ask on the oil forums.
Running WVO is cheat only if you don't screw up your motor.
Be sure to let us know what you find out.
Jerry
Jerry Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

True to the fact that the newer the engine the more it has been modified to run diesel smoother. This means that the injector ports are smaller and possibly made of alloys that can fuse under the increased heat of burning WVO. There are also sensor problems that might arise if the bus is newer. These can be overidden or replaced at a cost. Tell me what you are or are planning on running for your rig and I could answer more accurately for your needs canon. Pressure guages? Will you be running through the entire tank or partially and then parking it where it gets cold? Pusher vs. conventional?
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote