Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Bus Crazy
 
2kool4skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Spring Valley AZ
Posts: 1,343
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Charging station

Looks run by a generator to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1564847053315.jpg (21.0 KB, 14 views)
2kool4skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,271
Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Diesel Teslas!
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Did you know they have no Supercharger stations in Hawaii, know why?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
roach711's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington Hills, Mi (Detroit area)
Posts: 1,898
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Did you know they have no Supercharger stations in Hawaii, know why?

Inquiring minds want to know!
__________________
The Roach Motel
roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach711 View Post
Inquiring minds want to know!
There's nowhere you can go on the islands that you can't get back to on a single charge. So no need for them there.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 1,997
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Guess you're SOL if you took the ferry from Maui to Kaua'i...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #7
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 9,030
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Guess you're SOL if you took the ferry from Maui to Kaua'i...
Unless you know someone on that island that will let you plug in. Electric is great, but still has massive limitations.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 21,357
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4skool View Post
Looks run by a generator to me.
Love that clean energy, man.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,291
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I think that is a perfect illustration.

I get a kick out of the folks who are soooo proud to be saving the planet by driving their "zero emissions" vehicle not considering the fact that 63% of the US's electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels. Nuclear 19%. Renewable sources only 17%.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I think that is a perfect illustration.

I get a kick out of the folks who are soooo proud to be saving the planet by driving their "zero emissions" vehicle not considering the fact that 63% of the US's electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels. Nuclear 19%. Renewable sources only 17%.
As of 2014, 95 per cent of BC's electricity was produced by hydroelectric generating stations - the remaining 5% are powered by natural gas - there is another huge hydro project being built in northern BC right now
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #11
Bus Nut
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 785
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Keep in mind, that generator may well be powered by CNG or LPG... A diesel or gasser can run on either, and many generator manufacturers offer such options as factory builds.
__________________
"Cheese Wagon" <anomaly.va@gmail.com>

Former owner - 1989 Ford B700 64-pass Blue Bird (Rest In Peace, Cheese Wagon)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #12
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,291
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
As of 2014, 95 per cent of BC's electricity was produced by hydroelectric generating stations - the remaining 5% are powered by natural gas - there is another huge hydro project being built in northern BC right now
I live near the Columbia and Snake rivers. We have a fair bit of hydroelectric. Quite a bit of wind power as well. If we could "keep" all of the energy produced in Washington we would be in the same ballpark.

What gets me...... We have a small but outspoken group here that is pushing to have all of the dams removed.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #13
Bus Nut
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 785
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I live near the Columbia and Snake rivers. We have a fair bit of hydroelectric. Quite a bit of wind power as well. If we could "keep" all of the energy produced in Washington we would be in the same ballpark. What gets me...... We have a small but outspoken group here that is pushing to have all of the dams removed.
Stupid - Cutting The Branch You're Sitting On.png

If brains were dynamite, some folks couldn't blow their nose...
__________________
"Cheese Wagon" <anomaly.va@gmail.com>

Former owner - 1989 Ford B700 64-pass Blue Bird (Rest In Peace, Cheese Wagon)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #14
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I live near the Columbia and Snake rivers. We have a fair bit of hydroelectric. Quite a bit of wind power as well. If we could "keep" all of the energy produced in Washington we would be in the same ballpark.

What gets me...... We have a small but outspoken group here that is pushing to have all of the dams removed.


some of the Greenies won't be happy until we are all living in tents, using touch to make our way through the dark - I do think fish ladders should have been installed as part of the dam construction, or at the very least be added now - I have my own ideas about being environmentally friendly, and it includes me as being as much a part of nature as any other bird or beast, but I think humans should be part of the chain of life, not a destroyer of it
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 21,357
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
As of 2014, 95 per cent of BC's electricity was produced by hydroelectric generating stations - the remaining 5% are powered by natural gas - there is another huge hydro project being built in northern BC right now
BC is lucky. We here in FL are surrounded by old out of date nuke plants.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #16
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
BC is lucky. We here in FL are surrounded by old out of date nuke plants.



central Canada doesn't have such good access to hydro power as we do and there is a bit of a push to put 'non polluting' nuclear power in - seems to me that nuclear power as it stands today is, long term, the worst polluter possible
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #17
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 21,357
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
central Canada doesn't have such good access to hydro power as we do and there is a bit of a push to put 'non polluting' nuclear power in - seems to me that nuclear power as it stands today is, long term, the worst polluter possible
Totally agreed. The byproducts of nuke plants last longer than recorded human history by a good bit.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #18
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Totally agreed. The byproducts of nuke plants last longer than recorded human history by a good bit.
research is having some success with nuclear fusion now, rather than fission - lots of power, no heat, no chance of run-away reactors and no harmful waste products - don't ask me for details exactly how it works - I just gathered from what I read that it's the non polluting answer to nuclear power - still don't understand why there isn't a huge push for hydrogen power - they have the ability to generate hydrogen without using more than a small amount of electricity - a slightly different form of photosynthesis
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #19
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,291
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
some of the Greenies won't be happy until we are all living in tents, using touch to make our way through the dark - I do think fish ladders should have been installed as part of the dam construction, or at the very least be added now - I have my own ideas about being environmentally friendly, and it includes me as being as much a part of nature as any other bird or beast, but I think humans should be part of the chain of life, not a destroyer of it
I agree.

I was out at Little Goose a couple of weeks ago and was poking around the fish ladder and counting station. A lot more to it than I had expected.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×