Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Skoolie

doble or parellel wvo filters

can anyone tell me or see a benefit by running two veggie fuel in parellel for my final veg filter before my injection pump. i have two junkyard racor 1000's that im trying to clean up.. any info on rebuild kits? i heard theres less restriction and longer life as youre not forcing as muck junk at them? i also heard a conversion company was offering something similiar but i couldn't refind them.

thanks for feedback

adamanderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40
Re: doble or parellel wvo filters

Personally I don't see the need if you have prefiltered once already before the WVO enters your system. Another filter will probably change the pressure that the WVO would have been at before adding the second filter. If you have a self-regulating aux. fuel pump it might not be a problem but if it is, those pumps can be expensive to replace. Who knows for sure but it seems like overkill to me. Good luck with your endeavor. Lemme know If I can help more. RECYCLER
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Skoolie

i think its for flow , understand i mean in parellel not inline or series. i think what theyre trying to do is give the fuel a broad surface area, like more of a choice of filter space so as dont bind up the possbilities of where to flow thru. what have people been using for aux fuel pumps i heard the thermo king ac unit pump is a good choice.
adamanderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Bus Nut

if you parallel and valve them so that you can select which filter is in use, you can switch to a fresh filter and keep going until servicing the cloged filter is convient-get off the road and in a safe environment.
most life critical generator installations have multiple paralell filters so that they can be serviced one at a time while the generator is in operation. ya gotto love plan b
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

In my experience the clogging of the filter is quite a slow process. It doesn't just happen all of a sudden. Cold wvo is another thing entirely. Filter build up is signaled by a slow (like 100miles or more) loss of power. If you have a pressure guage then the pressure changes but not until after you "should" have noticed the power loss. The power loss is minimal as well. I have climbed to the top of the rockies with a pretty darn clogged filter and still held 45-50 up the steepest parts of Fremont pass. For the uninitiated, Fremont pass is somewhere around 11,500ft or more. The parallel filter thing sounds good, it also sounds a little exspensive to set-up two filters. But, whatever choice you make good luck with your endeavors! RECYCLER
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote