Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to SeabirdMusic.com
Greasecar, Greasel Or VegPower.com

We're picking up our skoolie today and want to buy a kit from Greasecar, Gresel or VegPower.com
We dont really have the know how to build one ourselves. We love the Frybrid kits, but they are just too expensive. Vegpower.com seems to be the cheapest of the 3 especially for installation, has anyone heard much about them?

SeabirdMusic.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Make sure you get an "adult sized" kit. Our buses use a lot of fuel. What's more is that they pump even more than they use. At full throttle my bus is easily RETURNING over 1 gallon per minute from the injection pump. You need to heat enough oil to go through the system, not just to burn. On the plus side, that circulation will help keep things mixed up and warm in the tank. Basically, just make sure you get a big enough tank that you aren't constatly refueling and that you have a high enough capacity heater to keep up with what the engine is going to draw, not just what it is going to burn. I'm sure if you let them know what engine you have and what the application is those guys will be able to set you up correctly.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Bus Geek

as far as heating the fuel that is going to the engine and then returned to the tank.......

i had copper wvo lines in my first skoolie that were accessable while sitting in the drivers seat. One thing that suprised me is that I a radiator in the wvo tank heating things up and no matter how hot the oil was going toward the engine, it was always hotter in the return line on it's way back to the tank.

It must pick up a good deal of heat from the motor/injector pump.

my motor also returned a lot of fuel. At idle i would estimate that for every gallon of fuel the bus actually uses it returns at least 10 to the tank.