Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #1

Year: 1996
Chassis: intl
Engine: t444e
need fuel flow chart for T444E.

Need to get this going, but our buddy with the charts is gone for a minute. anyone ever find any fuel flow charts? been looking everywhere and can't find anything. thanks.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Hex
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird, Model 3800
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 42
Re: need fuel flow chart for T444E.

I've also been looking for the T444E fuel flow charts. There was someone who had done a veggie oil conversion on one, and mentioned that there's an extra fuel return line, but I haven't delved into it on my own bus just yet ...
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e
Re: need fuel flow chart for T444E.

This is a diagram for a 1997 T444e that is from an International Manual. The flow on my 1999 T444e is slightly different. On mine the flow from the high pressure part of the pump does not go through the heads it deadheads at each side. The right side line goes straight from the pump to the head. The left side line goes to a T at the regulating valve shown in the diagram and the other side of the T goes to the left head.

From what I can see, we need to plumb the the VO in after the filter so that we don't have extremely long purge times. The problem is that the pump is powered by the cam and cannot be turned off, so we cannot stop the flow of diesel.

I see two ways to do this conversion.
The first is to take the filter out and have the low pressure side plumbed straight into the high pressure side of the pump. The valves go in the feed and return lines and new filters are used on both the diesel and the VO lines that are meant to be on the suction side. I am not sure if the pump would have enough power to suck the VO, so an auxillary pump may be needed.

The second way is to take the cam powered pump out and use a newer Ford Powerstroke electric fuel pump and filter for the diesel side. The VO side has its own pump and filter and it connects to the diesel side as close as possible to heads. They connect together with a T and each side has a check valve. The system is controlled by a relay turning one pump on and the other off. The thing I like about this system is that it is basically 2 complete fuel systems and can still be driven if there is a problem with the VO system.

On both of these systems a purge would be beneficial. I am going to look the next time I have a chance to see if there are plugs on the opposite side of the head that we could get a return fuel flow from. From what I have read about Ford PSDs it should be possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo on 11-10-14 at 5.59 PM #2.jpg  
Alex and Angie is offline   Reply With Quote