Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Skoolie

Veggie Distress Call!

Alright so I got the bus got it running on veggie, 75wvo/25diesel at least. Heated second tank and all. I race motorcycles in the summer and am headed to my first race in Pittsburg this weekend.

Okay the problem: I live here in Breckenridge, Colorado at 10,000ft. I've been making a mad scramble through the surrounding area and have yeilded around 150 gallons of decent oil. In a novice's opinion at least, no hydrodgenated(maybe a few gallons here or there), mostly soy and canola. I have one barrel set up with a 2000w water heater element 8in from the bottom and a purge valve at the bottom, i've been getting the oil to about 150F (30F air temp) and see it steaming. It's not dewatering fast enough for me to clean all of the oil by tommorow to make it to pittsburg. 8 hours a 55 drum and still water, I also think the current the element is creating isn't allowing sedimentation to take place. It took me three days to get 2 racor filters and one of them is already dead from pumping only about 25 gallons. All of my setup is in the bus and pretty ghetto right now.

So you can see I'm kinda fucked, (snowed 8in last night and sacreligously didn't even go snowboading today). Can any one help me or knows anyone who can anywhere from here to pittsburg with clean oil to trade or anything. If I miss this race it puts me behind for the year. And got wallet stolen last week and all my travel money got smoked. Any help would be awesome, and anyone who digs mountains and skiing will always be welcome at my house. Oh yeah so I started a tour company out here to so anyone cruizin through with there bus stop in Breckenridge, Colorado and say hi. Peace!