RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Over the years there’s a lot of people who have come and gone from the forum, their projects enthusiastically started then they disappear.. my guess is either life changed and they quit the project, or maybe someone pissed them off here and they left, or any number of reasons. Life happens and also some people jump in not realizing all that’s involved in making a full conversion or all that’s involved in maintaining and repairing the mechanicals of a bus, just like the half dozen or so once fast moving car restoration projects in my neighborhood that are now buried under boxes and Christmas decorations in their owners garages, I’m sure there are a lot of 1/3 done skoolies parked alongside peoples houses.. in the “someday I want to..” phase
Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: International - AmTran
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DTA 360
Rated Cap: 25,500 lbs
Howdy y'all!

I recently checked out (sparely looked over) a old Greyhound bus. 90 percent of the seats were removed. It has what appears to be a 8v71 Detroit mounted inline with a manual transmission. Owner wants $3,000. Says it's fuel pump died and has sat for 3 years.Is there a company or service that will inspect the bus? Let me know how much to get it road worthy? I'm going back on Monday to get pictures and look for the data plate. Looks like a cat or coyote used it for a toilet in the stairwell and front area.