Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 03:19 AM   #1

Iso floor plan template

Hi,

I'm wondering where I can find empty floor plans for different size skoolies.

I don't have a bus yet but I want to make floor plans to find out what size bus I would like. Anyone can help me out?

Michelledj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
Hmmm, that's an interesting question. I've never heard of interior design templates.

Buses of various lengths, makes and models all have their unique system placements, tanks, outside storage compartments and body features.

Where you can fit a drain line, a tank, bolts and such depends on what features are on the bus.

You won't know any of this until you own a bus.

It's less of design first, buy and build and more of buy and then design and build.

Even if you buy and then design, at least for me, it's a very dynamic build experience. Lots of "oops", "that won't work", "hmmm, I didn't think about or know that was there" kind of obstacles.

If you want to simply determine if you want a mini, a midi or full length bus, I'd get graph paper or design software and plan it out.

I used my home to determine sizes. In my home kitchen counter is 36" high and the sink bottom is 8" below the counter top. It's uncomfortable because I have to bend slightly to do dishes. So, I made my bus countertop 3" higher and I can touch my sink bottom while standing straight.

Design also depends on your priorities. Some people have kids and need bed and storage, others work remotely and need workspace and some may love to cook and entertain so the kitchen and seating was most important.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:17 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
figuring out what length to puchase is important.
i have two.
i built the first 35 foot as a family camper for four people with everything and have hauled many a boyscout and canoes on my bamboo floor.
i am building a shorty van cut away for my wife with 12-13' length buildable/livable space for a single person and it is more challenging than the big bus.
your decision depends on your needs.
even a well managed happy family can and will get grumpy in a tight space after a few days mainly winter where no one wants to leave the heater and you dont want a boot cleaning snow draining area on your front steps.
hope this helps?
good research and decisions are key.
for a layout on paper just measure the stuff you are comfortable with in your house.
sofa, king bed, twin bed, kids bed to get bigger as they grow?
what you want and need dictates what length bus you need.
i built a family camper and now my children are grown and gone.
yes it served it purpose well but it is built for 4 people and for me i want to start over since its just me.
cant complain cause i know every screw, wire, rivet, once i finish my wifes
skoolie its my turn with mine?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote