Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #261
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: City Bird
Engine: DT570
Rated Cap: 15
Re: Jacuzzi Bus IV

In Dallas now. Stopping to replace fuel filters because acceleration has become inconsistent or slow, and one time didn't want to go above 40mph.

skylinelimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #262
Mini-Skoolie

Ok folks, new fuel filters now and she hit ~62mph. In the home stretch, downtown Dallas now. Should arrive here in New Braunfels at 1am or so...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #263
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinelimo
Ok folks, new fuel filters now and she hit ~62mph. In the home stretch, downtown Dallas now. Should arrive here in New Braunfels at 1am or so...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #264
Bus Geek

you're a trooper. you made really good time driving from here to there!

i'm happy the fuel filter change helped wake her up.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #265
Mini-Skoolie

3am last night and she was resting in her new covered storage. Going to get her cleaned up today. Alan was so doped up on Red Bulls! I'm surprised he knew who I was since he was going on 36hrs of driving, nonstop, and about 72-100hrs of no sleep (he was too excited to be able to sleep the night before his flight up to Michigan). He said he began to hallucinate, seeing 2 people playing cards in the rear seating area through the driver's mirror. -Kent
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #266
Almost There

Sounds like you might have just got a batch of dirty fuel. I've gotten that on more than one occasion.
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #267
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
3am last night and she was resting in her new covered storage. Going to get her cleaned up today. Alan was so doped up on Red Bulls! I'm surprised he knew who I was since he was going on 36hrs of driving, nonstop, and about 72-100hrs of no sleep (he was too excited to be able to sleep the night before his flight up to Michigan). He said he began to hallucinate, seeing 2 people playing cards in the rear seating area through the driver's mirror. -Kent
Hmm..interesting. When I've seen the shadow man on epic travels in the past he has usually been directly to my side in my peripheral vision. Starbucks Doublshots, Coca Cola, and nicotine versus Red Bull might account for that difference. I'm glad you made it back ok.

What were fuel costs, just out of curiosity?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #268
Bus Crazy

In my younger days, I once saw a Stegosaurus grazing in a field alongside the Interstate when I was driving solo through the mountains at about 4 AM. There were no other cars on the road to confirm it though. I couldn't have been up more than 40 hours at the time.

Edit: Seriously, though, you're lucky to have a bus. Recent studies show sleepy drivers are more dangerous than drunks.

My "wake up call" was the sound of glass shattering during a different all-nighter. I was 15-20 minutes from my sleep stop-over, so I was pushing it. When I heard the sound, I could't figure out what it was. A voice in my head finally told me I was driving and had an accident. Vibration told me I was still moving, and had better get my eyes open and stop before a tree or something else did it for me. It seemed like it took forever to get them open. It turns out I had drifted into the right guide rail, and a construction sign frame clamped on top folded the right-side mirror through the window glass. The van had a few scrapes, bent antenna, and the window and mirror glass were gone. I had pieces of safety glass at my feet and down my shirt. I was very lucky.

Studies show that coffee, Red Bull, music, and cold air don't really work all that well. Real sleep is the only prevention for "micro-sleep." Nowadays, I pull over and sleep, or share driving with another driver.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #269
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: Blue Bird School
Engine: Detroit 8.2T Turbo Diesel

hey hi,

where di you get your flame thrower and for how much? was it easy to install? is it permenant? could i use the same run but run the flames through my stacks?

thanks for your time

kl
SKIBUSENTRPNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #270
Bus Geek

i built it. it's custom. related to a hot air balloon burner i think. it's technically not a flame thrower as a large propane burner. Having twin stacks with flame effects would be pretty fricken sweet!

pm me and i'll give ya some details
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #271

Loved reading this tread, was like a novel all the ups and downs, ins and outs. Was funny sad.
We have a chapter in Saginaw and plan to ride up there this spring and was wondering if you have a project in the works if I could stop by and pick your brain on some topics?
Thanks
WildBill
WildBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #272
Bus Geek

no problem. i'm about 30 min's from saginaw.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #273
Mini-Skoolie

Jason, speaking of the flame thrower in a recent post, I'd like to talk to you about that. There is an event series coming up in San Antonio in which the promoter would like to include the bus. We are talking about adding a flame thrower/burner to the roof, similar to what you had on this one in the past.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #274
Mini-Skoolie

Well I can't really post images because all of them are larger than the low 256KB limit. So, have a look at the "Pics" section of www.myspace.com/myskylinelimo. Hover your cursor next to "View My:" and you will see the "Pics" link appear.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #275
Bus Nut

wow, when you said you were making modifications to the bus I was curious to how it would end up.. I gotta say it's lookin' great!

I think I can make the pictures work on here...

Old 11-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #276
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Well I can't really post images because all of them are larger than the low 256KB limit. So, have a look at the "Pics" section of http://www.myspace.com/myskylinelimo. Hover your cursor next to "View My:" and you will see the "Pics" link appear.
i kI KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE kb LIMIT IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #277
Bus Geek

wow! it looks really great!

i just finished a flame thrower video if you'd like to check it out.

i think this is the link:

Old 11-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #278
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks! There are still some embellishments I will do to the interior: replace the remaining blue that you see in back with the red upholstery, put a sheet of crushed velvet on the back wall to cover the speakers and make it look like a wall with just a TV on there, put a second laser show, fog machine. We replaced the speakers and it has altered (I think) the way that the jacuzzi heater operates with the plunger switch. It is a bit tricky as the inverter has overloaded a couple of times and tripped out, so I'm wondering if you pre-heated the jacuzzi before you ever took it out, and then when it was out, did you turn off the heater element to minimize load and then still have the pump still going? Not sure if I can get the fog machine to work with everything going, but I'm going to try and see if there is a way with the existing inverter, or might consider getting a generator. Nothing definite, just musings.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #279
Mini-Skoolie

Euhh just checked the youtube video and it says it is unavailable. ...(Ok working now!)
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #280
Mini-Skoolie

Jason, how do I turn on the heater fans? I can't seem to find the correct button/switch. I know how to turn on the small circulating pump, but haven't found the fan switch.

Fyi, JB4 was involved in a photoshoot on Sunday. 6 hours worth of beautiful women in and around the bus in sexy clothes and then they finished off with bikinis. Will post a couple. This is why I need to know how to turn the heater on, as another photoshoot is Thursday and I don't want scantilly clad women getting skin cold spots. It's supposed to be warmer by then, but must know how to get some heater flow. Please!